IGNORED

P.E.I, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick

Marcarl

If you can help out, it would please my 2 daughters greatly.

We have 2 daughters and they are planning a trip out to the Canadian East coast, Oct 05 to 17th.

Heather has 2 great kids, 9 and 6 yrs old and Allison is single, training to be an RN and does mission work. Both daughters are in their mid 30's. Heather home schools her kids. All 4 are easy to get along with, and their two kids you will comment on for a long time.

They are trying to do this on a shoe-string budget and meet some people along the way.

They have their own food and bedding including mattresses, so all they are looking for is shelter, and of course it would be nice to meet the folks local.

They would also like some input on places to see and visit other than tourist traps, so you can have input into this Venture even if you can't help out with lodging.

Hoping to have some help from you all.

Carl

One of the things I LOVED doing while out CTFW on the far Canadian east coast was hunting for Tidal Bores (no Americans,, NOT the same as Snipe Hunting).. The young ones may find it boring but the adults would probably enjoy it.. Also, exploring the tides of the Bay of Fundy and clam digging is a ball.. There use to be a free Marine Life exibit thing also somewhere along the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia that was awesome - sort of like a tiny version of the Monterey Bay Aquarium out on our west coast. Farther east right on the coast is a freebie Zoo like thing full of animals that ate all the apples I had on my bike and even further east and up farther is an area with,, surprisingly warm - almost bath like temps - water and great swimming,, still puzzles me why that water up there was so warm..

Lots of awesome roads or CTFW out there but those are the only things I can think of that besides just riding.. Wish they was coming this way,, would LOVE to say howdy to your daughters and spoil your grandkids up some for ya Carl!!

If you can help out, it would please my 2 daughters greatly.

We have 2 daughters and they are planning a trip out to the Canadian East coast, Oct 05 to 17th.

Heather has 2 great kids, 9 and 6 yrs old and Allison is single, training to be an RN and does mission work. Both daughters are in their mid 30's. Heather home schools her kids. All 4 are easy to get along with, and their two kids you will comment on for a long time.

They are trying to do this on a shoe-string budget and meet some people along the way.

They have their own food and bedding including mattresses, so all they are looking for is shelter, and of course it would be nice to meet the folks local.

They would also like some input on places to see and visit other than tourist traps, so you can have input into this Venture even if you can't help out with lodging.

Hoping to have some help from you all.

Carl

Wow, nice trip. I was up there last summer on my RSV from Dallas. NB I've been through twice mainly as a pass through as my target destination was Nova Scotia and Newfoundland/Labrador My best memory of NB was the world's longest covered bridge in Hartland, NB. It is just across the border near where I-95 ends. There is a lot more near the coast. I was going to get that on the return home but could not. I did go to the Bay of Fundy NP on another visit to watch the world's highest tide differential.

The 12 mile Confederation Bridge to PEI is worth the cost just to say you did it. I was disappointed with the carnival atmosphere on the PEI side but once you are away from The Bridge area PEI is a nice visit. They might even try the ferry one way and bridge the other. I spent several days there in 1975, before The Bridge.

A trip on the Cabot Trail in NS should be a must. Done it twice 40 years apart and it was great both times. This last trip I broke my leg at the end of it. So my trip to Newfoundland never happened nor did my tour around Nova Scotia. However, look at the map of NS and you will see there are many neat and historical places to visit.

If you have never had a lobster roll have one in NS, not cheap but good. Besides it is only Canadian dollars. HA! By the way the Sidney Hospital is a great place for taking care of a broken leg. Plus, I had cute nurses. LOL

I found all of the people up that direction great. Actually once I was north of the "mass of cities" in the US I found very friendly people everywhere.

It might get cold in October.

• 2 weeks later...

You know the timing is just about right. Marita and I are heading for Nova Scotia on the 5th as well. They could drop by my daughters house in Brookside NS. Its off the main road between Halifax and Peggys cove. Im sure I can dig up a couple extra hammers and such so they can give a hand helping me with the repairs I been doing while out there. :thumbsup2:

Edited by saddlebum