IGNORED

Too Short...................

DragonRider

This years Vogel was far too short for me, just a little over 24 hours since I went up yesterday and left this morning to head home. Had an awesome time thanks to Dana, Missy handling the chores in my absence and I am truly thankful for them doing so. It was the first Vogel that I wasnt running around like a chicken with my head cut off, thanks to Dana and a surprise Visit from BUBBA, I laughed so hard my face hurt for a few hours. I finally go to enjoy the entertainment instead of being the entertainment. The gathering was small but we still had an awesome time. We raised a nice little sum of money considering we only had 15 people in attendance, they were very generous with their wallets to help the "Kids" at St. Jude. My hats off to all who attended and made me feel like a guest instead of a host. Dana and Missy did an awesome job and deserve a great atta-boy for their efforts, but of course when we went riding he passed the lead over to me and wouldnt let me just ride and enjoy, but I did enjoy anyway. Dont know when and if the next Vogel will be, but it will be very informal and relaxed..

Here are a few of the pics I took.

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

Lewis,

The first thing I want to say is:

1. Vogel would not be the same without you. You are Mr. DRAGONRIDER, VOGEL IT's for the kids, St Jude.

2. Your involvement, hard work, tireless efforts, commitment, sense of purpose and sense of urgency for Saint Judes, have made Vogel a chapter in my life that I would not change for anything. I'm sure the rest who have been a part of the eight Vogels feel the same way. Your presence this year put the event over the top. It would not be the same without you.

3. While I appreciate all that you have done the fact that this year seemed more of a relaxed gathering then a major production made it a little more relaxing and enjoyable. IMHO

4. In spite of Bubba, to me you have always been and were again this year quite entertaining.

5. You've done your part, others that look forward to Vogel continuing will pick up the torch. Thank you Dana and Missy, moving forward I'll help to keep the event alive.

I HAD A BLAST AND REALLY NEEDED AND ENJOYED THE WEEKEND.

I have just one criticism. Who keeps picking the base camp cabin in the steepest part of the park? Wouldn't one in the flatter areas be more bike friendly. My convertible doesn't mind but that was a lot of work picking up all those fallen over bikes.:-) :-) :-)

Edited by Dragonslayer

Your words are very kind and I thank you for them as for the cabin selection, those seem to be the only ones available when I make the reservation! I don't pick it for its location. After what happened this year, no more !!!

Lewis,

The first thing I want to say is:

1. Vogel would not be the same without you. You are Mr. DRAGONRIDER, VOGEL IT's for the kids, St Jude.

2. Your involvementy, hard work, tireless efforts, commitment, sense of purpose and sense of urgency for Saint Judes, have made Vogel a chapter in my life that I would not change for anything. I'm sure the rest who have been a part of the eight Vogels feel the same way. Your presence this year put the event over the top. It would not be the same without you.

3. While I appreciate all that you have done the fact that this year seemed more of a relaxed gathering then a major production made it a little more relaxing and enjoyable. IMHO

4. In spite of Bubba, to me you have always been and were again this year quite entertaining.

5. You've done your part, others that look forward to Vogel continuing will pick up the torch. Thank you Dana and Missy, moving forward I'll help to keep the event alive.

I HAD A BLAST AND REALLY NEEDED AND ENJOYED THE WEEKEND.

I have just one criticism. Who keeps picking the base camp cabin in the steepest part of the park? Wouldn't one in the flatter areas be more bike friendly. My convertible doesn't mind but that was a lot of work picking up all those fallen over bikes.:-) :-) :-)

Your words are very kind and I thank you for them as for the cabin selection, those seem to be the only ones available when I make the reservation! I don't pick it for its location. After what happened this year, no more !!!

They must be the only ones available because no wants to mountain climb to get to them.

Not saying just saying.

Lewis, you are welcomed. Missy and I enjoyed handling things. I want to send a Kudos to all who showed up. Everyone helped out and made this a Vogel to remember. The reason I wanted you to lead the last ride, was we missed the Lewis commentary on everything. Lewis would say "look to the left, that is Kudzu, it take over anything in its path. It looked that same way when I was a kid back in 1857. Back then we used it for grass for our lawns. Etc." The stories he comes up with LOL. Anyways, it was not a Vogel without you, glad you made it.