IGNORED

Battery Jump Box - Any Experience?

zagger

Just wondering if you have any positive/negative experiences with these things - and if you have one that you would recommend. https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Car-Battery-Jump-Starter/dp/B010MRCOL8/ref=sr_1_26?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1499873383&sr=1-26&keywords=jump+box

There are lots of choices with all sorts of prices. After having a battery die, I'm thinking about getting one.

zag

I bought one for my wife and youngest kidlet. Also gave one to a friend for a present. He ended up using his. It worked! Guess that's the best thing you can say about a product.

Check the charge and charge it up once in a while. I keep one in my truck and one goes in the saddlebag of whichever bike I take on a trip. That and a tire pump with a plug kit are most important. IMHO...

That one you linked to looks good and price is about right. Did you check Costco or Sam's Club to see what they might have?

"Did you check Costco or Sam's Club to see what they might have?"

Not yet. On Amazon, these things run from $30 to $1085! Of course, I lean towards the $30 price point! I just wonder if hauling one of these things around all the time is "worth it". On the other hand, I haul around a tire plug kit just for the good mojo. I figure that if I'm actually prepared to fix a flat, I probably won't have one!

Fortunately, my batteries have died in my garage. Not on the road.

zag

I've got 8 trucks on the road, with guys leaving lights on, or the battery getting weaker and they don't tell me till they break down, usually two counties away. So its call mobile mechanic which will take anywhere from 1 to 2 hours unless i have another truck a sales man in the area. then nobody has cables so to avoid the sitting around I keep 2 jump boxes in the office fully charged. I can send one of the shop guys out in the Little escape and get there faster and cheaper than the mobile mechanic, or if someone says the battery has been funny i let them take the other unit till i can schedule them in for a repair.

I love them. Even kept my phone charged here in the office when the phones and power went out during a storm.

I bought mine in the $100 range.

Don't leave home without one. I have jumped my daughter's Explorer, my wife's Caddy, and several friends cars/trucks.

Also jumped my Venture when the battery died a couple of summers ago.

Really saved my bacon in June when my stator went out on the Venture. Was able to charge the battery enough to get me to a place that fully charged the battery allowing me to ride home.

RR