IGNORED

ctfw west, the u.p. trail won the coin toss when we left yesterday.

cowpuc

Been a while with no cell and no puter BUT = one who enjoys the simplicity of a really really grand Chasing of The Front Wheel dares not to squabble about the simple things = WOWZY what an awesome ride.. FINALLY got the ability to post a couple pics.. Lets see if I can make this thing work,, @Condor,, I DEFINITELY see a scoop or two of Banana Nut at Leatherby's in my future my friend!! @CMCOFFEY - we never did get far enough south to completely melt our tires completely off - worked out for the best though as I just ordered another rear tire tonight - will definitely let you know if/when our return trip finds us down there but more likely to return on more northerly CTFWing - only cooler by a few degrees but even that is appreciated but this rickety ol bod.. @Flyinfool,, if these pics work = :rasberry:,, if they dont = :scratchchin:,, :rasberry: anyway (nahhh nahhh dee boo boo = I saw what you tried to do with that mountain snow up there BUT it didnt work :rasberry:) @videoarizona = THANKS David for trying.. We still have no phone service either and are currently at my daughters home in Wilton California.. Thinking these little 10 dollar trac phones may only be worth 5 dollars :rotf:

Nite ya bunch of lop eared varmints!!

Puc

DSCN4725.JPG

DSCN4712.JPG

DSCN4709.JPG

DSCN4666.JPG

DSCN4657.JPG

DSCN4638.JPG

DSCN4633.JPG

DSCN4575.JPG

DSCN4559.JPG

DSCN4726.JPG

Bald Mountain ad he points to his head, geez!!

How did you ever manage to get a picture of a missile silo??? Were you sneaking around on Government property??

That what that is bongo?,, a missle silo? Those things was poppin up all over the place out there on the open praire,, so many of em i nicked named em desert daisies.. file it all under the heading of what it cost to keep all americans free i reckon,,, definitely a deterent in its day. Been told that whole process of planting those daisies began only 15 years after ww2,, you know,, that dreadful war when our great country supplied russia with the arms necessary to stop hitler from taken over the planet.. amazing how quickly they turned on us after the fact.. makes one wonder why the world hates freedom so much... one thing for sure,, there is nothing cheap or easy about protecting and maintaining our way of life..

And yea,, they named a mountain after me! Only thing is they should have put the word "Ol" in front of Bald LOL.

What you talkin bout dude..................? I is innocent I tells ya. I N N O C E N T...................:moon:

I am in the process of uploading a short video that addresses the point that you are trying to trick us into believing TO THE TEE!!! Ya might wanna keep a close eye on this thread my brother!!

Met a fellow all American touring guy a few days back in South Dakota,, his name is Steve.. I think our method and "style" of touring caught Steve's attention cause he walked right up, introduced himself and told us of some of the great trails he had ridden while out doing some CTFW of his own. I have some awesome video of Steve and hope to include that in my trail tale writing later this year BUT - something Steve mentioned made my own lop eared ears stand up..

I was telling him about Skagg Creek Road that runs between Calistoga California and Stewards Point out on "1" being one of my favorite roads of all time to travel on a scoot.. He said he had never ridden it but asked if I had ever ridden "36" from Red Bluff over to the coast.. Thinking of maybe scootin over that way if we have time after visiting with the kids here..

Thinking wayyyy back,, I am pretty sure that Red Bluff is the town where I left a message for Lone Eagle, VentureFar, Coff and maybe Condor at the motel they were going to be staying at on their way to the rally at The Dalles back in '14 so I think I could probably find it again.. By the sounds of things,, Tip - Tweeks and I rode right past some of THE most awesome ride opportunity known to man back then if its the town I am thinking of.. Wondering if any of you lop eared CTFW varmints have ever chased your shadow on "36"?

AMAZING!!! Ordered my new rear tire night (after hours, about 11 pm Cali time) before last and,,, LOOKY LOOKY!!! Local shop here in Elk Grove wanted 94 bucks (still not bad) for the same tire = another Shinko Tour Master,,, Ebay from Chapparell (probably same supplier they would have used) = 76 bucks (same as a paid for the one I spooned on a few days ago) and arrived on free shipping in ONE day = KUDOS to Chaparrel!!!

Got my spoons,, gonna have to divert back to C-Clampin to bead break though,, or may be I can get my oldest grandson to just rip it off the rim - WOW has he grown in the 3 years I was down!! @videoarizona - I wish I would have gotten to your PM before I ordered another tourmaster,, I would have tried that 777 you mentioned just to test it.. The Tourmaster did an EXCELLENT job - definitely an "A" in handling the twisty mountain roads, shedding rain and squaring off hot road snakes - very very stable tire. I give it a "B" in the mileage - got almost 4200 miles on the one I spoon on before I left and its showing just an 1/8th inch of center tread left.. Also, the tire shows NO SIGN of chunking like the Metzlers did in the heat for me.. Mileage aint that bad for the weight we carry (this trip was even heavier load wise - had to bring a couple years of Christmas and Birthday gifts to Cali).

The matching tourmaster front tire I spooned on also just before we left on the 5th is looking fine!! Appears to be following the 3 rear to 1 front ratio I am all to familiar with.. You still thinking of trying the 777? If you go there,, I (like MANY others on here) would be 100% iinterested in your opinion of the 777 compared to the Tourmaster.. If you dont get to it right away, I will probably go forward and swap one on when I get back to Michigan from this trip if not sooner.. We are thinking of heading North for the trip home to seek out a little cooler temps like we did on the way here.. If we have to do another swap out on the way home I will look for a 777,,,,, wont be surprised if I get stuck with a left over 404 for 300 bucks though - some of those road side bike shops KNOW they got cha under certain circumstances :big-grin-emoticon::confused24::mo money:

Gonna swap this new one on,, hang er in a tree and balance er out:dancefool:

DSCN4853.JPG

DSCN4846.JPG

DSCN4856.JPG

DSCN4855.JPG

DSCN4854.JPG

DSCN4850.JPG

DSCN4844.JPG

You ever tried a E3 ? i get real good mileage out of them on my first gen and sec gen, they do get noisy in the corners when they wear down, but other than that i really like them, Dennis kirk for 134.

bucks free shipping

Yep,, personally I liked the E2's considerably more.. Both still well under 6k miles of wear while loaded and touring the deserts in high temps. My very highest mileage tire to date was the Michillen Commander 2 which landed me close to 6k under those conditions BUT = they handled no where near as good as the E2's (they were hard rubber - slippery when wet or on cooler pavement in the corners).. Have yet to try a dual compound (as shown here = http://www.dunlopmotorcycletires.com/tire-line/american-elite/ but also available as the E3MT ) hard center and soft outer edges.. Maybe someday (when they get within reason in price) will give em a shot!

AMAZING!!! Ordered my new rear tire night (after hours, about 11 pm Cali time) before last and,,, LOOKY LOOKY!!! Local shop here in Elk Grove wanted 94 bucks (still not bad) for the same tire = another Shinko Tour Master,,, Ebay from Chapparell (probably same supplier they would have used) = 76 bucks (same as a paid for the one I spooned on a few days ago) and arrived on free shipping in ONE day = KUDOS to Chaparrel!!!

Got my spoons,, gonna have to divert back to C-Clampin to bead break though,, or may be I can get my oldest grandson to just rip it off the rim - WOW has he grown in the 3 years I was down!! videoarizona - I wish I would have gotten to your PM before I ordered another tourmaster,, I would have tried that 777 you mentioned just to test it.. The Tourmaster did an EXCELLENT job - definitely an "A" in handling the twisty mountain roads, shedding rain and squaring off hot road snakes - very very stable tire. I give it a "B" in the mileage - got almost 4200 miles on the one I spoon on before I left and its showing just an 1/8th inch of center tread left.. Also, the tire shows NO SIGN of chunking like the Metzlers did in the heat for me.. Mileage aint that bad for the weight we carry (this trip was even heavier load wise - had to bring a couple years of Christmas and Birthday gifts to Cali).

The matching tourmaster front tire I spooned on also just before we left on the 5th is looking fine!! Appears to be following the 3 rear to 1 front ratio I am all to familiar with.. You still thinking of trying the 777? If you go there,, I (like MANY others on here) would be 100% iinterested in your opinion of the 777 compared to the Tourmaster.. If you dont get to it right away, I will probably go forward and swap one on when I get back to Michigan from this trip if not sooner.. We are thinking of heading North for the trip home to seek out a little cooler temps like we did on the way here.. If we have to do another swap out on the way home I will look for a 777,,,,, wont be surprised if I get stuck with a left over 404 for 300 bucks though - some of those road side bike shops KNOW they got cha under certain circumstances :big-grin-emoticon::confused24::mo money:

Gonna swap this new one on,, hang er in a tree and balance er out:dancefool:

Looks like a KLR 250 parked beside you ?

Looks like a KLR 250 parked beside you ?

You nailed it gr8! Klr250, son in laws scoot, hadnt been ridden since 01 before i came out to sac in 14 and got er fired up. Been sitten again since about that time,,,, 15 year old grandson n i are working on gettin it fired up again.. got the p dubya goin for the younger one, now gotta toss a wrench at the klr and see whats up.. almost for sure its just dirty carb, again.. @Condor , just came in from uc davis sac visiting daughter at work, rode past that bike shop on grantline = east side of 99, noticed they got the guzzi n aprilla demo truck there.. gonna shoot over for a gaze, test n tuner lol. Wanna meet up there n then do a banana nut at leatherbys? Its 10 till 3 ur time, should be at the bike shop by 3.30 n ice cream at 5ish.. be great to c ya if yagot time...

Puc,, the :stirthepot::essen_024::178:

Condor , just came in from uc davis sac visiting daughter at work, rode past that bike shop on grantline = east side of 99, noticed they got the guzzi n aprilla demo truck there.. gonna shoot over for a gaze, test n tuner lol. Wanna meet up there n then do a banana nut at leatherbys? Its 10 till 3 ur time, should be at the bike shop by 3.30 n ice cream at 5ish.. be great to c ya if yagot time...

Puc,, the :stirthepot::essen_024::178:

Dang, Wish I had the time Puc. I'll be doing Leatherby's tonight, but no butternut. My youngest turned 19 today and I'm picking her and her friends up from Sun Splash at 5:30pm in Roseville and heading to Leatherby's at Sunrise and Antelope in Citrus Heights. So I'll be slurping down a Marie's Hot Fudge around 6.... Maybe we could get together tomorrow.. Sunday.. at the one in Elk Grove?? I'm always good for a double dipper... Maybe see if Rick {Lone Rider} and family are up for a cone or two??

LMK... 916-402-1481

Condor

Dang, Wish I had the time Puc. I'll be doing Leatherby's tonight, but no butternut. My youngest turned 19 today and I'm picking her and her friends up from Sun Splash at 5:30pm in Roseville and heading to Leatherby's at Sunrise and Antelope in Citrus Heights. So I'll be slurping down a Marie's Hot Fudge around 6.... Maybe we could get together tomorrow.. Sunday.. at the one in Elk Grove?? I'm always good for a double dipper... Maybe see if Rick {Lone Rider} and family are up for a cone or two??

LMK... 916-402-1481

Condor

hearing ya brother,,, to bad time wasnt created with 67 hours in a day lol.. missed ya brother,, did make an awesome vid just for you though, will post later with trail tales..

Just coming back north after ctfw south to escape fires, currently at the bonneville headed to yellewstones west gate.. zwowzy wow wow wow is it awesome out here. Warm but unending beauty. Met two ranchers last evening whominvited us to stay on their ranch. People are wayyyyy friendly, specially if ya carry a gorgeous riding partner like mine, get out n ride.

Puc

Just coming back north after ctfw south to escape fires, currently at the bonneville headed to yellewstones west gate.. zwowzy wow wow wow is it awesome out here. Warm but unending beauty. Met two ranchers last evening whominvited us to stay on their ranch. People are wayyyyy friendly, specially if ya carry a gorgeous riding partner like mine, get out n ride.

Puc

Hey Puc Are you gonna be sneaking around the bottom side of the pond on the way home or you taking the top route again? Your gorgeous riding partner and I have still not yet met, and you have yet to meet my gorgeous partner. You know the one that make me go play in the shed all winter...................

Figured you might just want to have a talk with her.....................