IGNORED

Been holding back all day, but I just gotta tell it now.

grubsie

You guys have me scared to attend any VR.Org events.... Judging all who own a Harley by the actions of a handful of riders..... After looking and figuring the New Venture would be an Air cooled V-Twin, I decided to get the Liquid cooled Harley M8 engine in the Road Glide..... Excellent Bike and smooth.... Feels like its about 200lbs lighter then the RSV, which is better for peg scraping Capabilities.... Mind you I only have 4k miles on it but after my 4800 mile trip at the end of July I'll see if I made the correct choice.......

Oh and I will take that challenge from Barrycuda and I won't loose and of the Fillings I have left.

:icon_lurker::icon_lurker::icon_lurker::icon_lurker::icon_lurker::stirthepot:

You guys have me scared to attend any VR.Org events.... Judging all who own a Harley by the actions of a handful of riders..... After looking and figuring the New Venture would be an Air cooled V-Twin, I decided to get the Liquid cooled Harley M8 engine in the Road Glide..... Excellent Bike and smooth.... Feels like its about 200lbs lighter then the RSV, which is better for peg scraping Capabilities.... Mind you I only have 4k miles on it but after my 4800 mile trip at the end of July I'll see if I made the correct choice.......

Oh and I will take that challenge from Barrycuda and I won't loose and of the Fillings I have left.

Alrite where ya headed the end of July? Looking forward to seeing that new Glide and don't worry I'll ride with ya no matter what you're ridin:thumbsup2:

Craig

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Just came in from garage. "Brown Sugar" chuckling and making strange noises!!:whistling::icon_lurker:

Not me,, I aint skeerd of these lop eared varmints even though I LOVE Harleys!!! Those great big 45 degree 2 valve V-Twins have ALWAYS sang my kind of song!!!

01flh (6).JPG

73honda74tc185jasonwallpics 015.jpg

DSCN3226.JPG

ti3 (178).JPG

ti3 (179).JPG

drnbc.JPG

DSCN3180.JPG

DSCN3585.JPG

DSCN9832.JPG

DSCN3567.JPG

DSCN2910.JPG

DSCN2958.JPG

DSCN3363.JPG

01flh (1).JPG

DSCN2789.JPG

DSCN2770.JPG

DSCN2831.JPG

Some time ago I read that when Harley wanted to improve the quality of their engines they were unable to find a manufacturer in the US who would produce it in the tolerances they wanted. The volume just did not justify it. I understand they have the parts manufactured in Japan and they are assembled in the US.

A manager for a shoe store confided that Harley boots are made by Hush Puppy. Whatever works.

My brother in law is a die hard Harley fan. I was visiting them recently and parked my Venture next to his Harley when my sister came out she remarked that my bike was much bigger than his. You could have cut the silence with a knife.

Alrite where ya headed the end of July? Looking forward to seeing that new Glide and don't worry I'll ride with ya no matter what you're ridin:thumbsup2:

Craig

Taking the bike to MT. Rushmore, Yellowstone Into MT, Beartooth pass.....

Some time ago I read that when Harley wanted to improve the quality of their engines they were unable to find a manufacturer in the US who would produce it in the tolerances they wanted. The volume just did not justify it. I understand they have the parts manufactured in Japan and they are assembled in the US.

A manager for a shoe store confided that Harley boots are made by Hush Puppy. Whatever works.

My brother in law is a die hard Harley fan. I was visiting them recently and parked my Venture next to his Harley when my sister came out she remarked that my bike was much bigger than his. You could have cut the silence with a knife.

So many one liner come backs to yours so much bigger.........

I was visiting them recently and parked my Venture next to his Harley when my sister came out she remarked that my bike was much bigger than his. You could have cut the silence with a knife.

Few years back we're out for a long weekend with some friends, first time he took his new GF (now wife) for more than a poker run. He's got a '06 S.E. Ultra which is a similar gold/champagne as my '99 RSV so she never noticed much difference in the bikes. Sitting at a light she looks over and says "Wow, that thing is huge"

Without missing a beat I respond, "Well thank you, I know that's not something you get to say often." Light changes, I pull away, buddy is giving me the dirty eye and my wife smacks me upside the head.

Edited by BratmanXj

We are working on setting up for our toy run the last weekend of August. As Santa I set the route. Some of our paved roads are not as smooth as we would like but nothing to bother anyone, except Harleys. Each year I get a handful of complaints from the Harley riders about rough pavement, no one else even notices.

Just talked to my Bro, his "New" harley 2 years old, has a wobble in the front, dealer says we gotta repack and seal the forks. Yeah its got some miles it but over $1K to brink the forks back! Repack reseal adjust and new oil a thousand dollars!!!!! Evidently the Fairing has to come off in order to service the front end!

I guess HD does mean 100 dollars!!!

I was on the deck when a woman came up to me and asked....

"How long is it?"

I replied " Isn't that a rather personal question?"

She blushed and said " No, I mean how long does it take?"

I said " Well now, that all depends"

She went even redder and said "No,No, How long until we get to the next stop?"

I told her and she took off with a blazing red face.

Just talked to my Bro, his "New" harley 2 years old, has a wobble in the front, dealer says we gotta repack and seal the forks. Yeah its got some miles it but over $1K to brink the forks back! Repack reseal adjust and new oil a thousand dollars!!!!! Evidently the Fairing has to come off in order to service the front end!

I guess HD does mean 100 dollars!!!

I just did head-bearings this winter; I'm sure shop prices would be just the same for my '99 RSV as any Full Dresser HD since both bikes require you to strip the fairing completely off.

If I ever git my head where it belongs and not up my a** Brown Sugar could be on the Prowl again and taking on anything that feels Froggy!!! Take your best shot boys!!!! Or Maybe "Ugly". Or "Silver" Or something I don't even know yet... :backinmyday:I got a few parts...:innocent-emoticon::mugshot::Avatars_Gee_George:

If I ever git my head where it belongs and not up my a** Brown Sugar could be on the Prowl again and taking on anything that feels Froggy!!! Take your best shot boys!!!! Or Maybe "Ugly". Or "Silver" Or something I don't even know yet... :backinmyday:I got a few parts...:innocent-emoticon::mugshot::Avatars_Gee_George:

:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::clap2::clap2:

:thumbsup:

:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::clap2::clap2:

:thumbsup:

Not me,, I aint skeerd of these lop eared varmints even though I LOVE Harleys!!! Those great big 45 degree 2 valve V-Twins have ALWAYS sang my kind of song!!!

Just noticed, is that a WLA there you had/have? there?. Do you still have it? I love those friggin bikes. There's a '42 for sale near me 'cept the asking price is $16,500.00. A little too rich for my blood. Maybe you could motor out here and buy it for me with some of that retirement money of yours. :rotf:

Edited by grubsie