IGNORED

puc you can have that job

rbig1

Well I decided to change my own tire. I Used the c clamp method you spoke of. Got it done in a short time but would rather pay someone to do the job. It probably would have been easer if the tire was newer. Would do it again if it was the only way. But that's the only time for me. The front brake master was so stuck it took me along time to get it to move. Both front calipers were stuck real tight also. This was on a old 920 virago. How do I get into this stuff. lol:big-grin-emoticon:

I have never yet worn out a MC tire, they always die of old age. I have to watch date codes real close when I buy tires so that I get max life out of them.

When I was a kid I cant count how many tires I changed on my bicycles. I have never tried to spoon on a tire since I discovered engines in vehicles. I'll pay the $25 for a mount balance and new valve stem. It only happens once every 5 years or so. I will never get tot be like old Puc wearing out a tire almost every month that I let the snow levels drop enough for him to get the bike out of the garage......

Yup old tires suck, 70's vintage rubber removal often involves a hacksaw. Modern tires are pretty easy, a gallon of ruglyde and an old windex bottle REALLY help. I have a Coats 200 manual changer but do em on the floor by the wood stove in the winter. change an average 10-15 tires a year, mostly on fix ups of neglected bikes I buy. Now that I'm "retired" I am actually wearing out some tires, grin!

Yup old tires suck, 70's vintage rubber removal often involves a hacksaw. Modern tires are pretty easy, a gallon of ruglyde and an old windex bottle REALLY help. I have a Coats 200 manual changer but do em on the floor by the wood stove in the winter. change an average 10-15 tires a year, mostly on fix ups of neglected bikes I buy. Now that I'm "retired" I am actually wearing out some tires, grin!

Yes sir it is a lot easer with newer tires. Had to dismount and get rotation going the correct way. Even told myself to put it on correct.... What happened.....:stickinouttounge: { rookies }