The lower portion of my gas cap fell into my tank. Can't believe I didn't notice it being loose. I tried a magnet to fish it out but I believe that part isn't magnetic as the base it was screwed to isn't magnetic either.

I don't plan on pulling off the tank to get it out, so is anybody willing to part with one off their parts bike?

Thanks

Can you run the gas down in the tank far enough to pull the sender and go fishing for the parts with one of those parts grabber claw type thingies.

A note to everyone else, IF you haven't already, loctite those screws in the bottom of the filler cap.

Great Point Flyinfool ! I'm headed out to the shop to do that right now on my bikes just in case. Don't want to "go fishin in gas" if I don't have to.

Our buddy Fool,, he aint no fool!!! :thumbsup:

Wellll,, maybe next winter when I am standing in 5 feet of snow I will feel different but right now he's not...:missingtooth:

Can you run the gas down in the tank far enough to pull the sender and go fishing for the parts with one of those parts grabber claw type thingies.

A note to everyone else, IF you haven't already, loctite those screws in the bottom of the filler cap.

That sounds like a rainy day project. It's worth a shot though. Right now I just don't top it off, seems to be working.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it's a rainy day so I decided to pull the sender unit off the gas tank to look for cap parts. Found everything. Got it all back together with some blue thread lock, and it's working!

Edited by Big Auggie