IGNORED

Had a Great day with my Sister today!

The Tooch

When I was 19, I took my 4 year old sister for a ride around the block sitting on the gas tank in front of me, on my then Honda.

I got out for a ride with her today before she had to go into work tonight......look at her now!

She tell's me it's all my fault.....that she fell in love that day ridding on that gas tank! :biker:

image.jpg

IT JUST DONT GET NO BETTER THAN THAT TOOCH!!!!! TIP OF THE HAT TO THE LADY ON THE GORGEOUS HARLEY AND DOUBLE :thumbsup::thumbsup: TO THE BROTHER/SISTER TOURING TEAM!!!! :15_8_211[1]::15_9_28[1]:

PS = love your new scoot Dave,, that one of those V-4's that has the engine setting with the crankshaft output pointing toward the back wheel? If so, how do ya like it? Any sensation of engine torque rotation as you rev it like is always mentioned about the Triumph Rocket 3's? If its the bike I am thinking of, I saw one last time I was in town looking at scoots = neat bikes!!

Great memory Dave for the two of you both back in the day and now that you get to ride together.

Just asking....... Her Harley looks bigger then your bike. Are you gonna let your sister ride a bigger bike then you?

Well she did it right she rode an old Honda Rebel 200/250 not sure which it was, for years. As a Mom of 2 kids, 1 of which had major Heath problem, she didn't get much time to ride. As the kids got older, she finally bought a Yamaha Virago 750 and her youngest daughter got the Honda Rebel. Then her daughter wanted to move up and ride the Virago all the time. So they sold the Honda Rebel and my Sister bought herself a Virago 1100 and her Husband had a HD Heritage Classic. They rode everywhere together and were members of the North Bay HOG Club. So they got into that HD life style thing and she bought herself a Harley Road King. Turns out she didn't like the Road King very much and this spring she bought the Ultra Classic at the same time I bought the CTX. She Loves her HD!

Yes the Ultra looks bigger, cause the fairing is wider and sits up on the handle bars much higher then the frame mounted CTX fairing. The CTX has everything mounted down low for better handling and the motor is a structural part of the frame and mounts under it. The gas tank is fake like the GW's and the gas tank is actually down under the seat. The CTX is narrow, long and low the 2 bike covers I had for the Venture are just long enough to fit the CTX. The back tire on the CTX is way wider then the HD's and makes the Venture's back tire look like it should be on a bicycle!

The CTX will fly through the twisty's and out run the HD no problem. Not that I've gone there but I don't think the top end on the CTX is anywhere near the Venture's. But I think that has more to do with the gearing. The CTX is a 5 speed that needs a 6th OD. The Venture has that set up that is really a 4 speed with a 5th OD and all kinds of top end.

Wow long story.....trying to answer Puc's question as well. Puc all I know is it's a V4 out of the Honda ST 1300 that they de-tuned to make it better for touring. ( Why do they think they have to de-tune the V4's for touring?!:think: )

I'm hopeing I don't like the new Yamaha on June 5th. But I know me....I'm just a sucker for nice shinny bits on an MC and if it's a V4 :178: