IGNORED

Cruise control relay location?

My cruise won't set so I opened up my Clymer manual and it said to start by checking the continuity of the main switch and set/res buttons, they were fine. But next step is checking the cruise control relay and I can't find a 4 wire connector with the colors it says it should have! I've found the cruise control module but it doesn't have a 4 wire connector. Please help

Before you dig to far into the bike, I would take it for a drive and push out on the clutch and brake levers. Then try to set it. Each lever has a switch to kill cruise if they are pulled in. Sometimes the levers stick a little and don't push the switch all the way in. If switch is not all the way in cruise will not work at all.

sldunker: that was one of the first things I tried

Update: Found the relay. It is above the vacuum cylinder behind the bikes left fairing. After testing that (passed) I went on to the self diagnosis program (turn key on, then cruise on, then start bike, kill bike with kill switch, wait ten seconds, hold cancel and then press set, res, set, res, set, res) and at first it seemed to pass, then set flickered, then set shut off, hmmm, I try again and it seems to be ok, so i try the brake lever, pedal then clutch and they make the lights go out then come back on, i try the cancel button and it stays off. I then read how to check the cancel switch continuity. It failed.

So, now the question is, can I repair the cancel switch, or do i replace the entire right hand control?

You could try shooting a little contact cleaner in there, or take it apart and give it a real cleaning...checking for loose connections, broken things, etc..

I would do that first...but do it in a baggie so any little pieces that come flying out...stay contained...