IGNORED

Left side exhaust is cold

Rebuilt the carbs on my 2002 and fired it up yesterday. While on choke trying to warm and set the idle @ 1000 rpm, it was backfiring loud but got the idle set and shut it down. This evening I fired it up after warm up and I cut the choke and it idled at 1000 RPM. The right side exhaust was cold but the left wasn't. I am thinking coils or??? Oh by the way I put new NKG plugs in before start up.

:farmer:

Another likely possibility, especially with one side as opposed to front/back, check the two carb vent hoses, I'll betcha an insect has made a nest in one of the hoses. What that does is shut down the venting of the fuel bowls on one side which traps air in the bowls and creates air pressure when the fuel tries to fill the bowl. Just take one hose at a time and try to blow through it. If it is plugged, you will know it!

I went through this about 4 years ago myself...

Very interesting. I will look into this after the spark check.

Thanks

Another likely possibility, especially with one side as opposed to front/back, check the two carb vent hoses, I'll betcha an insect has made a nest in one of the hoses. What that does is shut down the venting of the fuel bowls on one side which traps air in the bowls and creates air pressure when the fuel tries to fill the bowl. Just take one hose at a time and try to blow through it. If it is plugged, you will know it!

I went through this about 4 years ago myself...

Had time this morning to pull the fuel tank and air plenum, checked the plugs and have fire there, then removed the right vent tube and it was clear, so therefore I will have to get it to the shop for tuneup etc.

Thanks for all the help.