IGNORED

Best Phone mount I have found for my MKII

VanRiver

I don't usually recommend items on the forum but I thought I would share this as it is the best phone mount I have used so far on my motorcycle (and I have tried several and been disappointed many times).

It is rock solid on my bike and has double "gripping" protection of the spring loaded arms as well as a "rubber strap" security feature to make sure your $1000 phone doesn't come loose and fall while you are riding down that rocky country road or at 80mph. Plus it has a built in USB port for charging the phone too that is controlled by a switch so you don’t have a drain on your battery while it is not being used.

It comes with two 1” ball mounts (similar to the standard Ram ball mount) one for a U-bolt mount 1” ball AND the other for a mirror bolt 1" ball mount. It fits perfect on my Gen 1 using the mirror bolt mount that the radio/CB controls are also mounted on.

I was too cheap to drop the major coin for the real Ram version so I bought this from Amazon for $24 (it was on sale at the time) instead, and couldn't be happier with the quality and function of the mount.....best I have used so far that fits a big phone like my iPhone 7 plus with a case on it

Just thought I would share incase there is a fellow member in the market for a phone holder for the bike.

Here is a link to Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Cimiva-Universal-Motorbike-Smartphones/dp/B01N12MRL4/ref=cm_sw_em_r_dp_dc_3GP-yb7A6YHED_lm?th=1

Here it is mounted on my 1986 Venture Royale holding my big iPhone 7 plus:

IMG_0483.jpg IMG_0480.jpg

Here is what comes in the package that I got:

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 8.30.28 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 8.30.42 PM.png

I appreciate you showing me your mount today, James. I followed the link you sent and ordered one!

Always enjoy meeting with you for lunch..... And thanks for that as well!

P.s. I really do own the scoots That I pay pics of... Honest!

And the rest of youse varmints are always welcome to come to AZ.

So lets get this straight, You bought two of these for the price of one Ram mount. OK I see you only bought one but I picked mine up at the shop for $64 but my Ram Mount dont have a built in charger. Not a bad buy, I did like the fact the rubber pegs on mine came with glue to help them stay on. Like the purple too!!

Looks like the one I bought sold out pretty quick! But if you search on Amazon the terms "X-Grip Clamp Mount" you will find them for less $$. The original Ram mount even comes up with those search terms too.

Price is going up quick, it is already up to $30 + $9 for the safety strap.

• 4 months later...

An amazing mount! I bought mine on Amazon also. Had more trouble getting a case for my phone actually, as there are so many types and aspects. Phone cases and screen protectors can usually be of two different types - glass and plastic. I prefer the glass ones, cause they are really thin, and the glass used in the ones I use is also very strong. While the plastic protectors are more flexible and also protect the screen from scratches, the glass ones are a thinner their density is higher, which gives a little more strength to my phone. Think of it as additional armor of sorts. I get mine from http://ikasus.cc/ by the way - they have neat price to quality ratio.

There are some drawbacks to the glass ones, unfortunately. On some occasions I’ve noticed that my glass screen protector had a small fracture. Though I dropped my phone several times by that time, so just a single fracture is not to shabby for an 8$ screen case. What is also is great is that it means my case also absorbed force that could have damaged my phone screen and may even have cracked it.