IGNORED

Rut Roh, you can't there through Atlanta

Dragonslayer

BREAKING: Bridge collapses on I-85 during massive fire. Fire officials extinguished a massive fire on I-85 on Thursday night after it burned for more than an hour and led to the collapse of a bridge on the interstate, fire officials said.

The bridge on I-85 northbound just south of Ga. 400 near Piedmont Road collapsed about 7 p.m. Thursday, Atlanta fire spokesman Sgt. Cortez Stafford said.

MARTA spokesman Eric Burton said all trains are running as normal and have not been affected by the fire.

“MARTA seems like your best bet to get out of the city,” Burton said.

Some bus routes have been affected, MARTA reports.

I knew there was a good reason I avoid going thru Atlanta like going to the dentist. The traffic there is a mess to start with. Now with a major highway out like this folks are going to have to leave tonight to be at work in the morning.

Well they caught a homeless guy named Basil who they believed started the fire while smoking crack under the bridge that caused the bridge collapse. The judge set bail at $200k and wants to charge him a $1.00 fine for every person affected x 2 1/2 million plus. Why not the entire cost Atlanta and Atlantans lost due to a wandering crack head? They will never collect a dime from this guy anyway. Actually Three hots and a cot will be a promotion for him.