IGNORED

The Venture Is A Sorry Bike....But!

Guest LSUBOY

Guest LSUBOY
This was a very interesting reading but I can not say that I get the point. Comparing the Venture with the Triumph Rocket and the FJR 1300 is kind of strange. These are completely different bikes and simply can not be compared. Who would want to ride 800 miles in a day, two up on the Rocket or the FJR 1300? Certainly not me but I would do that on the Venture any given day. These bikes are to different to compare. There is not a bike in the world that is perfect in every way and there will never be such a bike. The Venture is a solidly built cruiser, large and heavy but very comfortable and demands respect. But a very nice driver when you get to know the bike. It does not have ABS and I do agree it would be nice to have it but not a must. More power needed? Well, if you are into speeding then buy a racer - not a touring bike. The Venture has ample power but it is not a racer and never will be - designed and geared for cruising - understandably. When deciding on a bike one has first of all to decide where in the motorcycle community he wants to be. A triker, a racer, a cruiser, a tourer and so forth. Pick your shelf and then choose the bike that suits you best in that category but don´t confuse yourself or others by comparing bikes from different categories. That is in my eyes simply a naive thing to do.

You can´t beat the price of the Venture or the warranty. I am sure we are all very exited about seeing Yamaha come up with a upgraded Venture with the ABS, Fuel Injection, GPS and so forth but one thing is for sure. There will most certainly be some things from the old Venture left out that we will miss and some new things we like and others we do not like. The perfect bike will never be!!!!!!!!!! But the Venture is damn close !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU CAN'T GET THA POINT!? Tha point is that it's time for Yamaha to give the Venture some upgrade as in, stronger motor and or ABS Brakes and or Fuel Injection and or AM/FM/MP3/CB/NAVAGATION SYSTEM. Can't you see what um talking about? A company selling bikes with a casaette player is is old school and it tells you something about their ability to look into the future and bring C H A N G E!

No bike company can keep putting out the same ole bike year after year after year without any improvements. Even Harley Davis done figured that one out.

Look at it like this: "The Venture in it's present day form is unchanged from 1 9 9 9 and that dosen't look good even if you write it down on paper>

YOU CAN'T GET THA POINT!? Tha point is that it's time for Yamaha to give the Venture some upgrade as in, stronger motor and or ABS Brakes and or Fuel Injection and or AM/FM/MP3/CB/NAVAGATION SYSTEM. Can't you see what um talking about? A company selling bikes with a casaette player is is old school and it tells you something about their ability to look into the future and bring C H A N G E!

No bike company can keep putting out the same ole bike year after year after year without any improvements. Even Harley Davis done figured that one out.

Look at it like this: "The Venture in it's present day form is unchanged from 1 9 9 9 and that dosen't look good even if you write it down on paper>

I actually prefer it that way. I know that I'll be able to find parts off 10 years of bikes and everyone of them will be interchangable, which makes the Venture a very likely candidate for a lifelong bike. I don't buy new bikes. It's a waste of money. I buy good used bikes that I can get parts for. I made the mistake once of buying a XJ1100 Yamaha. It was only made one year and many of the parts were for that one year. I lost a CDI box. Took me 4 months to find a used one under 400 dollars. All the new technology that everyone wants on the bike costs extra money as well and it's more crap that goes bad in 10-15 years that costs more then what the bike is worth when it breaks.

Guest LSUBOY

C'Mon Guys....It's not about how much we like the Venture, {I love mine just as much as you} it's about Yamaha upgrading the Venture to which they have not done ONE thing since 1999.

ABS & Fuel Injection alone would make that bike sing a pretty song, not to mention that that's average technology at this point in time. Does anyone wanna kno what FI would do to increase their fuel milage and give you MUCH better response throughout the entire power band. I get 55 mpg if I keep my FJR under 60 miles an hour on the highway.

And let me tell you fellows another thing too....Don't think that Yamaha dosen't watch these boards in an attemp to get feed-back about their product. Y'all just keep sitting here talking about how much you love the Venture in it's present day form.

Mama Yama will justa say "hell they like it so let's just keep it just like it is" to which we will probably end up riding technology that is 20 years old......Damn near 10 now!

Bye,

Vinni / Tha Butcher of Naples

I think everybody here would like to see the Venture updated soon. There's even a couple of threads that are wish lists. I would like that but would like to keep the looks very close to what it is now. I would like to seem them blend in the saddlebags to the rear fender to appear as one piece though and still have the saddlebags removable

but, but, but, TECHNOLOGY!!!

Why ride around on proven and reliable technology when there's electronics out there that can fail with no warning and costs hundreds of dollars to fix and can only be repaired by a "certified" dealer with the proper diagnostic equipment...:whistling:

vinni, haven't i told you not to be stirring up trouble around here!! how long have you been riding now??? where have you been hiding out at?? give me a call, don

what's this butcher of naples??? susan said she'll straighten you out on that!!!

C'Mon Guys....It's not about how much we like the Venture, {I love mine just as much as you} it's about Yamaha upgrading the Venture to which they have not done ONE thing since 1999.

ABS & Fuel Injection alone would make that bike sing a pretty song, not to mention that that's average technology at this point in time. Does anyone wanna kno what FI would do to increase their fuel milage and give you MUCH better response throughout the entire power band. I get 55 mpg if I keep my FJR under 60 miles an hour on the highway.

And let me tell you fellows another thing too....Don't think that Yamaha dosen't watch these boards in an attemp to get feed-back about their product. Y'all just keep sitting here talking about how much you love the Venture in it's present day form.

Mama Yama will justa say "hell they like it so let's just keep it just like it is" to which we will probably end up riding technology that is 20 years old......Damn near 10 now!

Bye,

Vinni / Tha Butcher of Naples

I agree. But let's not forget that Honda stuck with the same model Goldwing Gl1500 for 13 years ('88-2000). It also came with a cassette deck and carburators, and, in good condition are still very much in demand and can fetch a pretty good buck. In fact, in many instances they're holding their value better than a gl1800. Go figure. :confused24: I do realize, however, that during the gl1500's run, technology had not increased at the rate it is increasing now. I hope MamaYama does'nt wait another 3 years! :yikes:

ABS isn't nice or would be nice, it's the "New World Order" and iffin you don't understand what I mean just consider this: I can be traveling 60 MPH on my FJR and do a HARD panic stop. The only problem is that the bike stops so suddenly until you have to remember to get ready to put your feet down or you will fall down/over.

I will never purchase another bike that does not have ABS as per I know their worth. And, even if there were no other upgrades to the venture, If it does not come with ABS real soon, eye won't buy another one. That's the one thing I won't compromise on.

There is only one piece of advice I have heard about ABS that is really worthwhile. That is "Drive like you don't have it" This is not to knock down the merits of the foundation brakes on any vehicle that has ABS but merely to point out the fact that you should not depend on an electronic device to control the vehicle for you. ABS has been known to fail.

I really don't understand you guys. I put Avon tires on my Venture and trailer it to track day almost every weekend at Willow Springs. On the track, its big enough to knock those FJR's off the course when they get in the way! And, the only time Robin complains from the back is when I scrape the floor boards, or she has to pee!

I have been thinking about getting a new bike and keep saying "get another Venture" but then again I stop and consider all of it's shortcomings?

---It's dog slow

---It does not have fuel injection

---It does not have ABS Brakes

---It even has a casette and even Walmart does not sell them things anymore

---The speakers cry-out for UPGRADE

Hold on: Maybe I should tell you why I say these things. "I have an 06 FJR1300 with ABS, Fuel injection and it's a pleasure to drive and even puts a smile on your face just pulling out of the drive", whereas riding that bull of a Venture is like having to struggle to get a big ole fat man to move out of it's shadow"....If you kno what I mean.

But, then again I think of what I will have to put-out to get all of those qualities, ie., 22,000.00 Gold Bling and that's when I come to realize that that ole Venture is a bargan with it's 5-year warranty at the discounted price of 15,000.00 that you can easily find.

Then, I cross my fingers and hope that Yamaha can see the light and come-up with a better motor with fuel injection, ABS brakes, AM/FM/MP3/CB and so because I like their bikes.

O' well, What's life without wishing.....and by tha way, If you are ever at a place where this bike is for demo http://www.triumphrocket.com/ make sure you ride it because It will give you a whole new take on big-bike performance. Whew!

With all that added stuff the price of the Venture will probably be in the 22.000$ price range of a wing or BMW.:cool10: