IGNORED

Whats up with this gap?

I have had this gap for a while and do not know the whole cause of it. This gap is on both sides but this side is larger. The top pins have broken off on both side covers an I feel that what ever is causing the gap has something to do with it. The other pic (3068) is me lifting on the side cover, most of the gap disappears.

What do y'all think?

The top pin on my right side cover is broken off and it causes a larger gap than what's on the left side which still has both pins. I have the pin just need to put it back on. You need to replace the pins. Several people have done it by using varying methods.

The top pins on both covers are broken and yes the gap increases with out the pins. I do not have the pins, never knew where they went to fix them. When I do lift the covers, it takes quite a bit of pressure to get them up there. So, i feel that the force pulling it away is what was strong enough to snap the pins. i am afraid if I just come up with a fix to replace the pins, they will break again before long because there is quite a bit of force there.

i don't know what would be causing so much downforce on the sidecovers. The only thing pulling down are the rubber clips at the bottom and the seat pshing down from the top. You could pm Squidley and ask him, he might know what the problem is and how to fix it.

The top pins on both covers are broken and yes the gap increases with out the pins. I do not have the pins, never knew where they went to fix them. When I do lift the covers, it takes quite a bit of pressure to get them up there. So, i feel that the force pulling it away is what was strong enough to snap the pins. i am afraid if I just come up with a fix to replace the pins, they will break again before long because there is quite a bit of force there.[/quot

hey g.w.!

one of my pins, was broken off, and i found it "still in the grommet that it mates to".

have ya checked there?

if you can't find them, one of the members here, had some "metal ball studs", that he claimed worked great.

i'll have to do some "backtracking", to try and find the thread.

just jt

The top pins on both covers are broken and yes the gap increases with out the pins. I do not have the pins, never knew where they went to fix them. When I do lift the covers, it takes quite a bit of pressure to get them up there. So, i feel that the force pulling it away is what was strong enough to snap the pins. i am afraid if I just come up with a fix to replace the pins, they will break again before long because there is quite a bit of force there.[/quot

hey g.w.!

one of my pins, was broken off, and i found it "still in the grommet that it mates to".

have ya checked there?

if you can't find them, one of the members here, had some "metal ball studs", that he claimed worked great.

i'll have to do some "backtracking", to try and find the thread.

just jt

Black owl and they work great , by the way has anybody heard from him lately ?

Thom

Yea JT, they are not there, they have been broken a ong time and I have been in there many times since then, even had the fairing off to fix some tabs.

I hope I do not have some sort of frame issue. Can the upper fairings/frames push forward somehow?

Black owl and they work great , by the way has anybody heard from him lately ?

Thom

Russell is around...just busy

GW....Hard to say about your covers, something could not be aligned properly and that could mean lots of difference 12" from that point. The upper fairings need to be properly placed if they have been removed. Gotta remember this is 20 year old plastic and sometimes it just takes a shape after so long and doesn't want to come back. I have to replace some of my pins on the '86 I just bought. I have ysed a method of Ford door panel clips that work great. I'll get a package and get it up on the site. As long as the base of the pin is still intact then this works great.

I have had the fairings off a few times. Wonder if I did not place them back correctly.

Looking forward to the package!

To me, that gap makes the bike look bad and I am continually trying to make the bike look good. I have had her since 94 and want to keep her around and looking good for much longer, even if I do end up picking up another bike for myself.

Still looking for a bike for the ole lady. Trying to be cheap about it but would like a project for myself.

I have had the fairings off a few times. Wonder if I did not place them back correctly.

Looking forward to the package!

To me, that gap makes the bike look bad and I am continually trying to make the bike look good. I have had her since 94 and want to keep her around and looking good for much longer, even if I do end up picking up another bike for myself.

Still looking for a bike for the ole lady. Trying to be cheap about it but would like a project for myself.

hey, brother! i have a solution to your problems!!!!

spend some of them old moldy , green, dollars, and buy miss "boss lady", what ever kind of scooter she wants!

now! wasn't that easy?

lol

just jt

Looks the same as my 85, rather unique, no other bike has it,, get yours fixed will you,,,soon,,, or others will see it and want to have the same upgrade,,,it's something like the rider,,,shinking with age and satrting to show some cracks:whistling: