IGNORED

Follow up on my brother.

Doug royal86

I posted a while back on my brother having lung cancer. After the treatment and taking a part of his lung out he is doing well.(cancer free) But in the mean time he was fired from his job of 35 years. They said his FMLA ran out and was unable to keep him. He had 2 weeks of vacation that they would not let him use. He does have a good 401k to keep in eating. He worked for Zimmer/ Biomet what make surgical tools and prosthetics. So if you need something from that company just remember how well they take care of their works. His doctor group has decided to quit using the products made from this company.

Did I miss something somewhere I thought it was illegal to fire someone who is under the care of a physician? That isn't right but I have heard of companies pulling that crap here in Missouri, they can fire you for simply dieing your hair blue.... which is silly in the first place but to be fired over it is not right. I hope your brother continues to keep the BIG C away.

I work for a local Gov municipality that is required by law to follow the FMLA witch says you are entitled to 6 months then if you are not able to go back to work the job you held must be posted to the public it almost had this happen to me after my bike accident so I don't think targeting this company is a good thing but I wish him good luck.