IGNORED

MC Show

Bubber

Did any one go to the MC Show that is traveling the country? It was in Minneapolis last weekend and I am still laid up with the knee and am not supposed to drive, so I didn't go.

Anything interesting to report on Yamaha or others?????

It is getting lonely and destitute in the frozen North this time of year so any news is good news. :missingtooth:

Any chance ya gotta link to said show brother?? Been feeling a little spicy in my surgery recovery process - if that show were to show up any where near West Michigan I may very well find the umphhh needed to go - check it out - interview some Mom Yam reps ON VIDEO (so we got em BIG TIME if they make promises and dont fulfill em) and report back here!!!!

Thinking that @Flyinfool fell asleep over in Consin and left his White Washer idling - thawing big time again here so if that show is close - may even be able to sneak Tweeks out of the garage and ride her to the show - WOW would that feel good!!!:thumbsup:

Any chance ya gotta link to said show brother??

I will bet he was referring to the Progressive International Motorcycle Shows. Next one is this coming weekend just outside of Chicago: http://www.rosemont.com/desconvention/events/progressive-international-chicago-motorcycle-show-/

I've also got the itch to get out and check out bikes. I think that I will wait another week and head over to Milwaukee for the "Mama Tried" bike show. http://mamatriedshow.com/

All custom stuff.

zag

I'll be at the IMS in Chicago this Sunday. I try to go every year as it is my fix to make it though winter.

RR

Just out of curiosity, is there any way to get tickets that are cheaper than the normal $18/person? Seems like there are a bunch of dubious websites offering $4 discounts on tickets if you do something or the other with them - but I'd rather not be spammed to death for $4. Just wondering if there is some way to get legit tickets on the cheap. If you have been there in previous years, any recollection of what parking costs?

zag

Edited by zagger

Just out of curiosity, is there any way to get tickets that are cheaper than the normal $18/person? Seems like there are a bunch of dubious websites offering $4 discounts on tickets if you do something or the other with them - but I'd rather not be spammed to death for $4. Just wondering if there is some way to get legit tickets on the cheap. If you have been there in previous years, any recollection of what parking costs?

zag

Glad you brought this up. I am in Milwaukee today and I will stop by one of the dealers and see if they have discount tickets.

IIRC, Parking is $5 in the bus station just west of the Stephens Center.

RR

I went to the show on Sunday. Yamaha has dropped most of the big bikes. They seem to be limiting themselves to 1300 Vstars and the 950 vstar and its variants. Only the raider remains for the 1900 engine. Lots of adventure and sport bikes. The victory exhibit was terrible. They had if I remember correctly only two models from their lineup. Polaris was more focused on their money losing venture in the Indian brand and the slingshot. Even if he Honda exhibit seemed weak as well. DEFINITELY not worth the price of admission.

Edited by Backinthesaddle
Spell check uggggg

I looked on one of the links above. Yamaha shows two new bikes a Z1, which my belly or azz won't fit, under 1000 CC and another 950 (see below).

Looking at the picture and rider, this would be perfect for those living in mom's basement and waiting for that money from Face Book he shared.

Gone are the days.

Yamaha-SCR950.jpg

I went to the show on Sunday. Yamaha has dropped most of the big bikes. They seem to be limiting themselves to 1300 Vstars and the 950 vstar and its variants. Only the raider remains for the 1900 engine. Lots of adventure and sport bikes. The victory exhibit was terrible. They had if I remember correctly only two models from their lineup. Polaris was more focused on their money losing venture in the Indian brand and the slingshot. Even if he Honda exhibit seemed weak as well. DEFINITELY not worth the price of admission.

That's really what I was asking, glad I didn't waist my time.

I don't know about you but I don't think any of the MC companies listen to the customers.

Bubber

Hey Bubber. SPRING is Coming!!! We only got a couple inches of white crap today!!:bang head:

That great..... keep it.

It is supposed to he in the upper 30's or 40's and possible a 50, so keep that dog gone white stuff ours is melting away.

Gone I say Gone!!!!

I got friends in Massachusetts and they are getting more than a foot of that white crap. So sad, to bad.

No really keep the snow put it in the freezer I got plenty. Thanks for thinking of me.

Bubber

I went to the Canadian equivalent Motorcycle Show we had out on the west coast here late last month. As soon as I walked into the Yamaha section with my Venturerider.org shirt I was told by the rep, who I had not even said hello to yet, No we do not know where the Venture is. He had grown up with his dad owning and still owns a Yamaha dealership so knew very well the requests for a new one.

I went to the Canadian equivalent Motorcycle Show we had out on the west coast here late last month. As soon as I walked into the Yamaha section with my Venturerider.org shirt I was told by the rep, who I had not even said hello to yet, No we do not know where the Venture is. He had grown up with his dad owning and still owns a Yamaha dealership so knew very well the requests for a new one.

NICELY DONE KEVIN!!!!!!:thumbsup::15_8_211[1]: