IGNORED

Need Some Advice From Florida Members, Especially Tampa Area

bongobobny

Becky and I are taking a cruise leaving from the Tampa area and are driving, not flying down. I made a reservation at a Hampton Inn Tampa/Brandon on Horace Avenue. My concern is the fact that the room is around $150 per night as opposed to the other Hampton Ins being over $200 per night. Is this location in a bad neighborhood?? Should I spend the extra money at a different location?

The ship does not depart until 4 PM, so even with commute time and boarding time a 12:00 checkout is not an issue. Unfortunately, I do not know which dock I am supposed to be at until next month...

Ha Eck, isn't that place we met and ate just near the hotel Bongo BOB is staying at?

Try this Mike - heyyyyyy @Eck ,, WAKE UP!!!!

Dont know nuttin about the Tampa Area Bongo but wishing you and Becky a FANTASTIC trip out there!! Eat a Lobster Hot Dog and do some hoola hoops for us out there brother!!!:thumbsup:

That area should be fine. We go over to Brandon occasionally and that whole area around there is not bad. A couple exits down is a large mall on the opposite side of I 4. If you go down Faulkenburg there is a Bass Pro shop. On 60 there by I 4 there are tons of restaurants depending on what you want. You can jump on the Selmon expressway (toll road) and it will take you to the port. We have never been out of that port, most of those cruises only go to Mexico and back.

Becky and I are taking a cruise leaving from the Tampa area and are driving, not flying down. I made a reservation at a Hampton Inn Tampa/Brandon on Horace Avenue. My concern is the fact that the room is around $150 per night as opposed to the other Hampton Ins being over $200 per night. Is this location in a bad neighborhood?? Should I spend the extra money at a different location?

The ship does not depart until 4 PM, so even with commute time and boarding time a 12:00 checkout is not an issue. Unfortunately, I do not know which dock I am supposed to be at until next month...

Bob,

That is not a bad area, I stayed in a Marriott Courtyard that is just on the other side of Adamo Drive, while I was on a business trip a few years ago, it was not a bad area. If you have not made reservations and have no real desire to stay at the Hampton Inn, you may find the Courtyard just as comfortable and less expensive. If you need a recommendation for dinner, try the Cheddars location near by , it is just a few blocks away, it is part of a small chain, but food is great and portions are huge.

Have a great trip and you should try to catch Barry as you drive by , you will not be to far from him.

OK, I now breathe easier!! Actually, with the AARP/AAA discount, it came down to $132 plus tax, or around $150 total. Thanks for the heads up on my good buddy Barry!! Not sure if we will have the time as some friends from Davenport, originally from WNY, should be visiting with us that night. I've known them since the early 70's, and as a matter of fact, he is the one who gave me the name "Bongo Bob" when I was a Roady for him and would dance with his wife while he was playing!!

As a point of information, this one is a 21-day cruise!! Happening in the month of March...

BTW Steve yes we have stayed at Marriot's as well and yes they are good places as well. I will check their rate and compare. Plenty of time to cancel and change, but need to do it soon as in the winter hotels fill up fast...

Edited by bongobobny

OK, I now breathe easier!! Actually, with the AARP/AAA discount, it came down to $132 plus tax, or around $150 total. Thanks for the heads up on my good buddy Barry!! Not sure if we will have the time as some friends from Davenport, originally from WNY, should be visiting with us that night. I've known them since the early 70's, and as a matter of fact, he is the one who gave me the name "Bongo Bob" when I was a Roady for him and would dance with his wife while he was playing!!

As a point of information, this one is a 21-day cruise!! Happening in the month of March...

BTW Steve yes we have stayed at Marriot's as well and yes they are good places as well. I will check their rate and compare. Plenty of time to cancel and change, but need to do it soon as in the winter hotels fill up fast...

agree with Steve and Dion. Area is fine. Don't worry about catching me. My schedule of spinning plates is maxed out at 98. One more would bust the whole lot of them. That said, have a great time. Weather should be stellar...