IGNORED

The 84 is running again on all cylinders w/new TCI

CMCOFFEY

Here is a short video. This is with the TCI straight from the box. I did not adjust it or even hook it up to my computer. I do not have the additional sensor that a lot of people talk about getting. I am sure I will probably get it soon.

Do you all think the ticking is the normal Yamaha tick?

It sounds to me that something isn't quite normal. Is your carb sync good? A weak cylinder (due to bad synchronization) makes a lot of noises. If all 4 cylinders are running good, the vacuum on the sync. gauges should read about 9.5 inches of mercury. How long did you run it with a cylinder out? Could the oil be diluted with unburned gasoline? Are all 4 plugs good and not fouled? On the video, the clunking sounds serious.

Do you have Dingy's latest version of the software? I do have it if you need it.

That video was with the TCI plugged in and no MAP sensor. It should be arriving soon. As soon as it gets in and I have loaded the program that Heather sent me, I will sync the carbs and check the plugs again. They are new as well as the oil, so it should sound all pretty after that.

This will be a little while from now as my 1987 Suburban decided that it does not like retaining any fluid. I will be replacing the radiator, master cylinder, power steering pump and rear diff seal over the next two weekends.

Good thing I love working on vehicles, or this would be super expensive.

Is that Suburban carbureted? My 86 Monte Carlo had a computer controlled quadrajet. Those things had a tendency to leak gas through the body of the carb filling the intake. this excess fuel would wash the oil off the cylinders and kill the engine. If it is carbed and it starts cold like it's hot you may have the problem.

Is that Suburban carbureted? My 86 Monte Carlo had a computer controlled quadrajet. Those things had a tendency to leak gas through the body of the carb filling the intake. this excess fuel would wash the oil off the cylinders and kill the engine. If it is carbed and it starts cold like it's hot you may have the problem.

The Suburban is TBI. It starts fine. I am just leaking all sorts of fluid. I am trying to sell it, so I need to go ahead and fix all the issues.