IGNORED

Tomorrow...

..I maybe be the new owner of a '99 Venture.:banana:

The salesman say's it has 20,000 miles on it - the ad say's 24,000.

I've been asking a lot of questions on the General Tech Board, and received a ton

of useful info.

I'm curious... the ad says it's an XVZ 13T FL.

I figure the 13T denotes the engine size and Tourer.

What does the rest mean?

(Or is that Top Secret?) :)

Somebody may be able to tell you what the "F" stands for but I'm not sure. I can only tell you that the 13 TFL is the standard model and the only one offered in '99 except for the TFLC which designates California model. They later came out with the TFLS which stands for "Special". It was different in that it had more chrome. Front forks, brake reservoirs, etc. are chrome. Actually, the "Midnight" model came out before the Special. It too had the extra chrome but also all the Midnights were black. There were no Midnights or Specials in '99.

Try this. For XVZ13TFSXC

XVZ13TF (M = Midnight...S = polished stainless forks) (M,N,X etc. = year code)(C = California emissions)

..Body series..................Digit.........................................Digit............................Digit..............

XVZ = Base Series frame

13 = Engine 1300

TF = Venture: Possibly Touring Full dresser. (A, AT, LT are different)

Edited by MikeWa

Hey, it's around Christmas time, it may have been built around the same time! Everybody knows FL stands for Fa-La-La la la, la-la la la...

LOL...that's more of an answer than I have found. I wondered if the F stood for Four Cylinders but I found a Yamaha FL snowmobile and it is three cylinders so that idea is out the window.

Maybe Full Luxury? :)

My point exactly... we market the snowmobiles directly to the "Snowbirds" around places like Dade City and Sarasota! :whistling: