IGNORED

End of watch sadness in my community.

GAWildKat

Sunday one of the rural towns a few mins south of where I live was rocked by a cop killing. This community never has any violent crimes like this. Sunday afternoon someone in the neighborhood called the Peach County 911 center saying a neighbor brandished a rifle on their nephews. 2 deputies came and took statements from them before heading to what became the shooter's home. One officer lost his life at the scene. The other is fighting for his life but to be honest, it's not looking good for him either. To make matters worse, the shooter is the father of a deputy in a neighboring county. Pray for these families, our men in blue, and this small town community.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/update-one-peach-deputy-killed-2nd-in-critical-condition-after-shootout/348835546

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/peach-deputy-on-life-support-after-sunday-shooting/349304262

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Getting crazy? It got crazy ages ago. Irony is everyone I know left the city I live in because of all the crime and violence and maybe 15-20 families settled in that subdivision thinking they escaped the dangers we all grew up with. It all came home for them Sunday evening when many of them sadly saw 2 officers (some of them knew the officers) get gunned down by another neighbor who has according to witnesses has been difficult the last 4 yrs, but has only escalated in threats since August.

A local deputy and good friend of mine, took early retirement two years ago now. He found himself "slapping leather" (his words) when a woman dipped into her purse looking for her wallet.

It a shame really we have these wonderful men and women willing to step between us and the bad guys. We pay them peanuts, and give them no respect. When they do do the job there'e supposed to we put them on administrative leave and investigate them. Becuase one percent of one percent of those officers have made poor choices in a high stress situation it is now "open season" and we're supposed to understand why that poor young man stoned out of his mind, robbed a store and ran away, killed two people in his escape attempt shot back at the cops!!!

to all our first responders Here's to you!:beer:

Yep, in our case those poor office saw the mailbox had a thin blue line sticker and probably thought they could let down their guard. Nobody here wins. Not the officers, their surviving families, nor the shooter or his son who is also a deputy and is caught between a rock and a hard place. The son will have questions to answer in the coming days. His father was wearing police grade ballistic body armor at the time he was taken into custody. The residents definitely don't win because they no longer feel safe nor do they feel their kids are safe.

It's not looking good for him. Publicly he's fighting for his life, my sources in the sheriff's dept says the docs are allowing the family to have closure. The deputy has minor children but is divorced. Without being too graphic, both officers took a bullet to the head point blank. The officer that died Sunday was the 3rd or 4th officer killed in the line of duty in Georgia this year if I understand. The 3rd this year from my area of the state.

It just appears to me that our current federal government is encouraging this terrible behavior and I really don't understand it.

How so? Who knows what makes a person flip out. Two many events happen when normally "sane" people "go postal". People's emotions, circumstances, society, the weight of the universe can pile up on a person until they snap and go off the deep end.

Not that I take it light that police that are in harm's way every day of their life tragically are injured and killed, I don't. But this whole event started by a man being harassed by his neighbors over a ongoing period of time by their kids on dirt bikes and 4 wheelers. What if the man believed he was being attacked and was in fear of his life. What if the light was in his eyes at night and he couldn't see who was attacking him.

I'm not saying he was justified I'm just saying I don't know all the facts because I was not there at that point in time. I just think too many people rush to judgement and loudly voiced opinions when they don't know all the facts on both sides of the fence.

I can only pray for all of the people and families involved and all of us because this type of thing seems to happen more frequently every day. The government may be at fault for many things but, I don't understand how it played a part in this.

Actually Bob, the police locally say he was harassing all the neighbors, the biggest beef was the neighbors who ultimately called 911 on Sunday. The media might be saying he's a victim, I'm not sure. The police privately say he has harassed the entire neighborhood the last 4 years and has gradually escalated in anger. He's had a reputation with the sheriff's dept for nuisance calls and terroristic threats but not enough to get arrested. I have friends in the sheriff's dept, but I knew neither officer personally. It's not my county, but I have friends and family all over down here, many in law enforcement. It is personal. I could be burying one or the other.

Last month we had a teenager murdered by his classmates here. It was sad, horrific really. But last name didnt ring bells I thought The news outlets broadcast the funeral and I see his Dad on tv. Mike and I do board game weekends with him. So much loss here.

How so? Who knows what makes a person flip out. Two many events happen when normally "sane" people "go postal". People's emotions, circumstances, society, the weight of the universe can pile up on a person until they snap and go off the deep end.

Not that I take it light that police that are in harm's way every day of their life tragically are injured and killed, I don't. But this whole event started by a man being harassed by his neighbors over a ongoing period of time by their kids on dirt bikes and 4 wheelers. What if the man believed he was being attacked and was in fear of his life. What if the light was in his eyes at night and he couldn't see who was attacking him.

I'm not saying he was justified I'm just saying I don't know all the facts because I was not there at that point in time. I just think too many people rush to judgement and loudly voiced opinions when they don't know all the facts on both sides of the fence.

I can only pray for all of the people and families involved and all of us because this type of thing seems to happen more frequently every day. The government may be at fault for many things but, I don't understand how it played a part in this.

I was thinking of all the police being shot in other circumstances, ambushes, etc. Certain groups are encouraging it seems to me especially when they march and say it.

Actually Bob, the police locally say he was harassing all the neighbors, the biggest beef was the neighbors who ultimately called 911 on Sunday. The media might be saying he's a victim, I'm not sure. The police privately say he has harassed the entire neighborhood the last 4 years and has gradually escalated in anger. He's had a reputation with the sheriff's dept for nuisance calls and terroristic threats but not enough to get arrested. I have friends in the sheriff's dept, but I knew neither officer personally. It's not my county, but I have friends and family all over down here, many in law enforcement. It is personal. I could be burying one or the other.

Last month we had a teenager murdered by his classmates here. It was sad, horrific really. But last name didnt ring bells I thought The news outlets broadcast the funeral and I see his Dad on tv. Mike and I do board game weekends with him. So much loss here.

Hey Kat, I get it and I am sorry for your loss and suffering. I am appalled every day of what happens in my part of the state. I'm afraid for all of us. I'm not minimizing the tragedy I'm just saying most all of the time we don't know all of the facts. I don't know I wasn't there. I heard it differently from your take.

Prayers for the fallen and their families. My workout buddy and his pardner were killed while making a arrest a couple yrs ago. He was a major reason I got in the best shape I was ever in my life and I think a major reason I can't seem to get started in the gym again. WE had discussed the type of arrest that got him killed only a few days before it happened. You don't get 2nd chances dealing with scum like this. Our Boys in Blue are really seeing some rough times. Just plain crazy.