IGNORED

mexico VIN and parts

so CBP (customs border patrol) told me my new ride was built in mexico so the VIN is NOT 17 numbers.

anyone else know about this?

also (didnt search) what is a good one stop shop for parts, like fairing vents, stickers, emblems, headlight bezel seals

last how do i tell if it is 1st, 2nd gen? it is a XVZ12 1983

Can't help you with the VIN, but you own a 1st Generation Venture Mark 1. The breakdown is this; 1st generation is '83 to '93, MK 1 is '83 to '85, MK 2 is '86 to '93. 2nd Generation Venture is '99 to '13 and are the Harley look alike wanna be's. Here's a link to our history page...

http://www.venturerider.org/history/index.php

The actual VIN will be on a white sticker on the frame on the bottom, forgot which side. It also has it's "born on" date.

As far as any 1 stop shop, there isn't really any, but several use Partzilla or boats.net. Some parts are not available any more but Ebay is our friend!

Never heard of any Ventures ever being built in Mexico...

Can't help you with the VIN, but you own a 1st Generation Venture Mark 1. The breakdown is this; 1st generation is '83 to '93, MK 1 is '83 to '85, MK 2 is '86 to '93. 2nd Generation Venture is '99 to '13 and are the Harley look alike wanna be's. Here's a link to our history page...

http://www.venturerider.org/history/index.php

The actual VIN will be on a white sticker on the frame on the bottom, forgot which side. It also has it's "born on" date.

As far as any 1 stop shop, there isn't really any, but several use Partzilla or boats.net. Some parts are not available any more but Ebay is our friend!

Never heard of any Ventures ever being built in Mexico...

great thank you

Get a hold of @Prairiehammer with your VIN question. He has a wealth of knowledge on these things.

I also never heard of Yamaha building Ventures in Mexico, but maybe he meant it was originally sold in Mexico.:confused24:

I think, like Canada, Yamaha also exported to Mexico, and they use a different type of VIN number system... :confused24:

so CBP (customs border patrol) told me my new ride was built in mexico so the VIN is NOT 17 numbers.

anyone else know about this?

also (didnt search) what is a good one stop shop for parts, like fairing vents, stickers, emblems, headlight bezel seals

last how do i tell if it is 1st, 2nd gen? it is a XVZ12 1983

Apparently some of the early 1983 Ventures intended for non-US destinations may not have the standardized 17 character VIN. I know of several Canadian First Gen Ventures (all early build 1983 Standards) with just "31H 000xxx" for the VIN.

I am mighty curious as to your Ventures VIN. Care to forward it to me?

BTW: All First Generation Ventures were built in Japan.

Apparently some of the early 1983 Ventures intended for non-US destinations may not have the standardized 17 character VIN. I know of several Canadian First Gen Ventures (all early build 1983 Standards) with just "31H 000xxx" for the VIN.

yeppers this is mine

i will send you the info when i get home around 430 EST

so really dumb question,

since it was built in japan, shipped to mexico sold in canada and now exported to the USA, is it a tri lingual bike? :)

My First gen Canadia 83 Royal only had the 9 numbers as well.I was told the numbering system had changed in the early 80s and this was one of the last with the old numbering system.