IGNORED

Flooding in La.......................

DragonRider

My son's home in Albany, La. His house is still dry but his shop/garage/in law suite is flooded, has about 6-7 inches of water in it. They have had over 22 inches of rain in 2 days and no let up. Water has started to recede, but the rain is still falling, and expected to continue for a few more days. So glad they are safe, but the boat is ready to go if need be, all the roads and highways are flooded and impassable. The National Guard has been making water rescues all over his area, they saw his boat ready to go and haven't stopped to check on them. Praying they don't have to launch their life boat. Praying for all those affected by this, the national weather service is calling this a 500 year storm, its the most rain that has ever fallen in that area, and that includes hurricanes, they didn't have this much water after last years storm.

Scott flood 1.jpg

Scotts flood 2.jpg

Scotts flood 3.jpg

If it's doable cars should be jacked up and put on blocks. Computers put in highest possible place. Went through a 100 yr flood at work in 2003 and lost several cars, lot of computers we thought were high enough. When water reached my bellybutton we realised it was too little too late and had to evacuate. Leave if the house could get washed away. Sounds obvious but all employees were frantically trying to save stuff and we were fortunate we didn't loose THEM! Happened so fast we were unprepared.

I hope all works out for him.

I'm tellin you all. The man up stairs has just about had it. All this mega heat everywhere here. The impending dumba$$ election with no choice and now you got frogs looking for life rafts. It sure could be a warning folks.

I hope all works out for him.

I'm tellin you all. The man up stairs has just about had it. All this mega heat everywhere here. The impending dumba$$ election with no choice and now you got frogs looking for life rafts. It sure could be a warning folks.

Amen... scary..

Got flooding, got earthquakes, got worst storms, got election, got isis, got Russia, got Isreal--- what got did I miss?? oh yeah got cant tell season from season..

Scary... or wonderful... Guess only you know the answer to that..

Amen... scary..

Got flooding, got earthquakes, got worst storms, got election, got isis, got Russia, got Isreal--- what got did I miss?? oh yeah got cant tell season from season..

Scary... or wonderful... Guess only you know the answer to that..

:scared: good stuff,,, :scratchchin:,, got a pretty good touch of "as in the days of Noah",, got some "men shall be lovers of they ownselves" goin on,, may have a fair amount of unthankfulness happenin,,,, got wars and rumors of wars if ya watch a little news,,,, got a fair about of boasting..

:think:,, hopefully = "when the Trump shall sound" is meant literally and not some kind of a gender reference.. :thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon::crackup:

Stay on the back wheel and keep lookin up!!:innocent:

Puc

They are now calling it a 1000 year flood event, and I tend to agree. I lived in S. La. for 51 years and never saw flooding like this until Katrina, of course by that time I was already living in Ga. for 5 years, but my heart is still in

La. The waters have receded in some places but other towns south are starting to feel the affects of all that flood water, it all empties into one lake and that lake has no levies to protect the people living south of that lake. Laplace, La. where we used to live is very close to that lake so they are already seeing food shortages at the stores. Its going to take a long time to recover from all that water. Laplace had flooding earlier this year and here it comes again.