IGNORED

Considering Baron 1.5 inch risers

Leftcoaster

As noted I'm looking for feedback about 1.5 inch Baron risers added to stock bars. I understand that longer cables should not be required. My main concern is possible contact between risers and plastic cover around key ignition top of tank. Any ideas? What have others done? Any and all info greatly appreciated.

:thumbsup2:

Jim,

I just put a set on my bike. I have ridden over 100,000 miles without and in the last year I found that the area between my shoulder blades was beginning to hurt or ache after a ride. I also found that my hands where going to sleep. So I thought after all the information here on the site the best option for me was the 1.5 risers. Thumbs up on the risers.

I am 6'-2" and have a long reach but the risers give me that little bit to take that tightness in the shoulders.

If you notice the area I live in is some of the best riding in the lower 48. I have no issue with the contact that the bars have with the ignition cover. Yes it does hit but the black plastic cover that I have gives plenty when the little contact is made. I only notice it touching when I do a full turn in the U-turns. The wife and I tend to have to do many U-turns do to not getting that picture that she wanted, no problem!

If you have the chrome ignition cover this might be more of an issue, I personally have no direct knowledge since mine is black plastic.

I have no issues with the Baron 1.5 risers

Easy to Install

Quality product

Brian

Ditto for what Cowboy said. I just installed a set on my 2012 Venture. I'm 6'2" and the risers have made a world of difference in regards to overall fatigue, hand numbness, and shoulder/neck strain. Hitting the plastic trim around the ignition switch is no big deal.

I found the more difficult issue to deal with is the rubber dampers between the bars and back of the fairing. After the handlebars are off they just pull off (held on with double-sided tape). They need to be trimmed a bit to re-install higher on the fairing. Don't ride without them...the fairing will ultimately crack if you do.

Ron