IGNORED

Making campfire stories

Yammer Dan

Stopped for lunch a DQ about 30 miles from home. Not going to tell whole story here but short of it a meth freak burst into the DQ slinging blood all over the place and throwing things and making threats. The mild mannered guy that I am I hid in the corner hoping he would go away. Then he presented his back to me and I remembered the rear neck choke that has put a few to sleep. Being old and slow I had just raised my arms when he turned and said "Oh you want some??" If I hadn't been so old and out of practice he would have been sleeping by this time.... Missing that chance then the fight started. You know how strong a Meth Head gets?? The match must have lasted over a hour. Being so old and out of shape I was doing my besy to get away and run but he kept getting in my way. He was bleeding profusely from a cut on his hand. Gonna have to worry bout that now as my arms and knees got scratched up a little trying to get away. Man this dude was strong!!I couldn't get away so I had to pin him to the floor but he got up and carried me outside where I had to pim him to the parking lot because he wouldn't let me RUN!! Finally a off duty deputy and a fireman got in his way and he started on them also. The 3 of us were able to hold him down til help arrived. Very interesting day. And I do think this whole thing could have been avoided back in the day because I would not have hesitated and would have had him sleeping the fist time he turned his back to me but I was busy trying to find a way to get out of there!!! The bad thing?? I had ordered lunch just before this happened. The fight lasted over a hour and they then served me my meal that had been sitting in the kitchen!!! They did give me a new sunday because mine had melted!! This retirement life sure can be boring!!!:mugshot::mugshot:

seems I recall that campfire stories are ..... "stories" (like ... not necessarily true....) :stickpoke:

Tell that to the folks that had to clean up the blood!! Fire Dept washed down parking lot. This stuff didn't bother me when I was working but really cranked me up today!! I miss the convicts???

Tell that to the folks that had to clean up the blood!! Fire Dept washed down parking lot. This stuff didn't bother me when I was working but really cranked me up today!! I miss the convicts???

Things like this get to us at our age more so than when younger. I'm considerably more "docile" now than I used to be although I do get the occasional bout of "rebel rouser" ... like just a few minutes ago I was walking beck to my work when a young guy came out of the bank, turned in my direction and immediately became engrossed in his cell phone and almost walked right into me. I side-stepped slightly and nailed him with my elbow as he passed ... he had no idea I was there. Sooner or later that kind of thing is going to erupt into a battle with someone.... not sure if I can still handle that.

Believe me I shocked myself!! I figured I could go for a couple minutes. The Warden says this lasted over a hour. I did get him tied up til I just had to hold him more than anything. After I got help it wasn't really that much. I was just afraid he was going to hurt someone!! ( ME!!!!) I've seen Nuts but this guy was out there!!

Just got finished calling hospital. Becaiuse of all the blood and I got a few scratches I wanted to know if he was "clean". The prison took care of us in these cases any time there was blood. They would check everything out. Hospital says "We can't tell you" That plain SUCKS!!!

Wow. Glad you're ok. Scary stuff in this day and age. When I'm confronted with the threat of attack, I generally stand in the corner, pee myself and suck my thumb while sobbing uncontrollably. That usually encourages them to let me be.:yikes:

Knowing a bit about your past, I'll bet he got more than he bargained for.:happy34:

glad your ok now you have to worry if that dude had aids or something?

I have seen some crazy ass dudes on pcp back in my days you could hit them till you could not punch any more and they kept coming.

like Patrick said in road house no matter how big a guy is smash him in the knee and he will go down.

And I can't believe you didn't take any "Selfies" with all that time that passed by.

I am as sure as can be if you would have just told him to be still for a moment so you could take one. He would have complied.:rolleyes:

I'm sore all over this morning!! The Warden's I-Pad was in the car. There were several taking pics but they vanished. Gonna have to start taking my Press agent with me. :Avatars_Gee_George:I had mine in my pocket Bill but he ws so out there I don't think he would have understood gun. I didn't want to kill him just stop him from hurting someone. (ME!!) :Avatars_Gee_George:Next time I'm gonna follow uncledj's plan of attack.

I'm sore all over this morning!! The Warden's I-Pad was in the car. There were several taking pics but they vanished. Gonna have to start taking my Press agent with me. :Avatars_Gee_George:I had mine in my pocket Bill but he ws so out there I don't think he would have understood gun. I didn't want to kill him just stop him from hurting someone. (ME!!) :Avatars_Gee_George:Next time I'm gonna follow uncledj's plan of attack.

Dan you stood up as you were trained too do. It's drilled into you training has away of coming out in a situation like that.....