IGNORED

Yesterday's Ride

Freebird

I know, I'm from the younger crowd, but I have degenerative disk disease from my neck down. On my best days it's a dull ache, on my worst it puts me to bed for a day or 2. I've noticed a change the past year with riding. Mike got the c50t to replace his volusia for his commuter bike. The 1st gen hasn't run since last yr abt April. Mike never wants to just go out and ride anymore. I thought it was just was his knee and my comfort. Nope, the suspension is too hard and adjusting the shock only made handling squirrelly. But fact is on those random rides he does take with me, I'm in too much pain for anything else. I told him I'd rather ride, go swimming, and hike more, but he has no interest. All those things would help my back and make our rides more endurable.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

IMO, keeping the better half comfortable riding is a key. Health problems with my wife led me to add a trike kit to my ride even though I am still capable of riding on two wheels. If I couldn't take her along however, why bother ?? :amen:

I understand that riding with the wife is better and something BOTH people should enjoy. My wife has issues with her knees and me with my neck. About a year ago my wife found an excellent chiropractor, he has done wonders for her knees and my neck. It might not be for everybody but it sure helped us.

To answer some of your questions. We use 3/4 helmets. I never put the shield down but she keeps hers down most of the time. The bike has the TALL Clearview shield with vent. There was a little wind yesterday and more buffeting that usual. Also, she had already hurt her shoulders and neck a while back lifting something that she shouldn't have so the bike didn't actually cause it, just aggravated it. Maybe it will be ok when it gets better.

Haven't read all the posts after this one so this might already have been suggested .... have her see an RMT (Registered Massage Therapist) ... they can work wonders.

Ditto on wishing Eileen the best.

One of the problems we encountered, especially on long rides, was to not get off the bike and walk around enough. I remember times when we were 50 miles from home and I would stop and get gas and it was an argument to get Linda off the bike to stretch a little, plus I did not like to gas up with her on the bike. She just wanted to stay planted and then when we did get home, she was about too sore to move.

I am still trying to figure what to do with my bike. It is sitting on the carport and the Deka battery will no longer hold a charge due to a big power drain that I have not found yet. Linda decided no more bike riding for her last year and the Miatas have taken over for pleasure rides. The last time I was on the bike, it reminded me of the one time I sat on a Honda Ruin, which felt huge, and this is the bike I have put over 150,000 miles on and I used to be comfortable just tossing it around. I don't think the bike has changed any, but I seem to have.

Randy

After reading all these posts, I thought Pat and I were the only ones with problems riding. Sobering thoughts above....for sure.

Don, I hope Eileen gets better fast... And as @cowpuc says.... Hope all you lop-eared varmints can get some riding time in this year!

:sign yeah that::sign Rock On: