IGNORED

Moving the TCI to top of airbox issue

I am kinda having the same issues as this guy. ( all i could find in the search)

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?46600-Moving-the-TCI&highlight=moving+TCI

I think the wiring harnesss is also a little short. It wont quite let the TCI sit flat and was thinking of putting a little velcro on it to hold it down to the air box?

Am I missing something about the wires being long enough?

Do I need to do something simple and obvious to get the the TCI lay down flat?

( wires twisted or something wanna keep the tension off the plug)

(It works right now but i think in need to re-solder the connectors. I still haven't got the plug out. But at least it's up topside)

Any tips or tricks or previous knowledge appreciated.

My '88 just flipped over no problem!

wire comes from left side...when sitting on bike.

All I had to do was trim the tab so I could get it far eenough forward to fit under the false tank.

when I moved mine I had the plastic all off and , I can't remember, but maybe the air box too

Ok Doke, Got it mounted. but the faux tank still wont quite sit down all the way. and then I Dropped the damn screw. it went vanished. :confused:

I can get the plug for the coils out and may have to ty wrap to keep it in, but i still havn't got the larger plug out so I can check it. At least it's topside.

And then to add insult to injury, i took it for a spin around the rv park, and I didn't have the right side saddlebag cover latched all the way and it went for a skid. it was fairley unblemished before that. All scratched up now.:cry::depressed:

Hmmm, ain't the first time someone has lost a saddlebag lid! For the TCI you may have to cut one of the "ears" or mounting tabs off to get the false cover to fit right. For the saddlebag lids there have been members who installed "safety cables" between the lid and the bag so the lids, if they become unstrapped, won't get lost...

Hmmm, ain't the first time someone has lost a saddlebag lid! For the TCI you may have to cut one of the "ears" or mounting tabs off to get the false cover to fit right. For the saddlebag lids there have been members who installed "safety cables" between the lid and the bag so the lids, if they become unstrapped, won't get lost...

Will think about that one. Good idea, Thanks.

So have new screw and faux tank cover is on but sitting up a little bit on the sides. I have both tabs cut off, the carbs seated all the way, and the airbox seems to be seated all the way too. Still think I'm missing something.

Hmm...is the air box lid down snug on it's body?

Yeps, Had to get new screws too. It's probably something simple, and need to adjust that nut that connects the seat to the handlebars.

Thought maybe somebody knew something.

The only thing else I can think of is the TCI needs to be on the forward edge of the airbox to clear the fake tank cover. The farther back it is, the tighter the clearance is...I'm trying to think outside the box!

But I agree...something simple.

You'll figure it out....