IGNORED

Leveling Links Installed

So speaking of leveling links. Is it feasible to lengthen the kick stand. I'm not that tall and not as strong as I use to be and trying get the bike up off the kick stand is a chore sometimes since I too have the leveling links. And I'm tired of having to fiddle with the inch and a half block of wood I carry around to put under the stand.

A co-worker of mine had his shortened on his non-Venture. He had a welding shop do it and while I don't recall what they charged, it seems it wasn't too costly. His was not chrome but a chrome one may necessitate painting or re chroming, depending on how particular you are.

Guest divey
So speaking of leveling links. Is it feasible to lengthen the kick stand. I'm not that tall and not as strong as I use to be and trying get the bike up off the kick stand is a chore sometimes since I too have the leveling links. And I'm tired of having to fiddle with the inch and a half block of wood I carry around to put under the stand.

The Beast comes off the side stand much easier when the bars are turned to the right. Just a thought. Doug

No idea if it's applicable cause all I know about are 1st Gen's BUT - as the kickstand on a 1st Gen wears at the joint where it meets the frame it will increase the lean of the bike and indeed - they can get heavy when that lean increases.. Might not be a bad idea to check the kickstand and see how much play there is in the joint where it mounts to the frame,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, unless the 2nd Gens have a funky kickstand like on the Harley's that will scare the living daylights out of a new Harley owner who doesnt know its suppose to "cam in" after you release the bike:big-grin-emoticon: