IGNORED

Zumo 660 Installation

Just got a new Zumo 660 and reading through the literature. Currently use a car GPS attached to DC outlet. Zumo 660 can be used the

same way or hard wired. When it comes to hard wiring the Zumo, see that power cable has headphone/audio out and microphone jacks.

Can someone tell me how to attach these jacks to the RSV audio system? Can I buy molded cables and just plug in somewhere or do I have

to get more creative. Trying to size up this project before pulling gas tank. Thanks!

Well, you could plug the audio out jack right into the aux of the cassette deck. That will route the sound through your bikes system as long as you have it set on "AUX". As for the microphone though, about your only option is a special cable if you want to use it through your headset. @BuddyRich used to make and sell a cable just for that but I'm not sure if he still has any. I know he was having a problem finding some of the parts that he needed.

Yup! Or, for a neater looking installation split the fairing and install a 3.5mm stereo headphone splitter on the line coming from the main audio unit at the junction and plug in there. That way you don't have your cassette door dangling open all the time!

With my understanding of things that don't require a BFH and a wrench I'm still not sure what I have. One of the reasons I haven't got into that mess on the horn. I've "looked" at it 100 times. Just can't see anything wrong. Will the 99 put Tom Tom sound thru to headsets??

Yes!! 6 footer should suffice, if we need longer, there's a Walmart near Don's, or I'm sure a Radio Shack, etc somewhat close. It just has to follow the handlebars down to the middle then into the fairing sort of like where the power lines for the passing lights enter. Once inside the fairing it's about a foot max up to where the splitter is going to be hooked up. It needs to be male on both ends, unless your Garmin mount needs female on it's side.

Yes!! 6 footer should suffice, if we need longer, there's a Walmart near Don's, or I'm sure a Radio Shack, etc somewhat close. It just has to follow the handlebars down to the middle then into the fairing sort of like where the power lines for the passing lights enter. Once inside the fairing it's about a foot max up to where the splitter is going to be hooked up. It needs to be male on both ends, unless your Garmin mount needs female on it's side.

3 foot cable is more than enough for any handlebar placement of the GPS.