Hi Condor.

I found a detailed parts list manual on the internet. I have it downloaded. Do you want me to send the complete file (pdf) to your email address?

Here below is the page with the part you are asking about. Seems to me that it is the Print plate as well as the housing around it. Check it out !

Looked it up under Flatouts fiche-- looks like the whole class system---$312.00 possibly so for that money.

Dan

I was hoping it was, but from the parts page Jonas posted is looks like it's just the face and board. I find it interesting that Yamaha didn't list the complete Class controller as one part number, and then brake it up into subpieces.

Condor, go to flatouts website (www.flatoutmotorcycles.com) , click on parts finder, then fill out your bikes info (year, model, etc.). Then find electric1 or electric2 on the pulldown list and find your part number on the fiche. I'm not sure which one of your bikes you're looking at, and they may have different part numbers for the different years. But, after thinking, it may be under suspension too.

Just tryin' to help and take up more of your time (LOL)

Dan

Condor......looked up a 87 Venture.....go to a fiche site...look under "Control Unit".

Here are the parts listed to get a complete CLASS controller

item#1 PRINT BOARD/CASE (yes appears to be face, control buttons, and display)

31M-W8591-M0-00 1 $311.13

item #5 PRINT BOARD ASY 2 (appears to be the board that controls the CLASS)

31M-85921-M0-00 1 $277.77

item # 6 WIRE, LEAD

26H-8356N-00-00 1 $22.11

item #7 CASE,UNDER

31M-85913-00-00 1 $65.01

So closer to $700 for a complete controller with case. Hope this helps.

Jack, what's the story - is this #1, #2, #3?????? :rotf::rotf:

The story is.... I screwed up....big time!! On Ebay I bid on what I thought was a complete NOS CLASS controller, and bid accordingly. When I received it, it turned out to be only the front face and top PC board. The auction title used the term 'controller box', but the discription mentioned 'Face'. When I looked up the part number in my price guide it had several parts priced out in the area, but the most expensive was the part up for auction. So.... thought it was for the complete unit. My bad, it wasn't, and I paid way more than I should have. Another misleading part of the auction was that the seller never took a picture of the backside of the part, just the front, so it was sort of misleading in that respect. Oh well.... live and learn...Nobody said experience was cheap....:mo money:

Condor was this listed as a new controler, i think you and i were bidding on this item. I thought it was for the complete controler too. After being out bid at more that i wanted to spend i took mine apart and found some solider joints cracked on the board that you got so i just solidered mine and it works fine now. Pin wall cycle parts had one for $249.00 if you still need one it's used but tested .:080402gudl_prv:

Condor was this listed as a new controler, i think you and i were bidding on this item. I thought it was for the complete controler too. After being out bid at more that i wanted to spend i took mine apart and found some solider joints cracked on the board that you got so i just solidered mine and it works fine now. Pin wall cycle parts had one for $249.00 if you still need one it's used but tested .:080402gudl_prv:

Ed, The only reason I bid on it was because it was NOS, and was looking to put it on the '91. Glad to know that I wasn't the only one that thought it was for the whole unit.... :) When I looked up the price the cost was about $147 to the dealer in 2002, and figured I'd take a run at it to just below dealer cost, and would have never gone that high if I'd know that the thing was incomplete. But.... as everyone already knows I didn't know and did.... :(