IGNORED

Flanders Bars

Unless I find that the new bike already has them, I will be looking for some Flanders handlebars. Had them on the '99 and really liked them. Cheapest I've found them so far is about $141.00. A lot of places show them out of stock. Does anybody know of a place that has them any cheaper?

On the '99, I also installed SS brake, clutch and throttle cables but a lot of people here made the stock ones work so I'll probably try that at first and add the SS lines a bit further down the road. Spending too much on this stuff right now.

Hmmm, not sure on that one Don! I needed a couple extra inches when I did mine, but then again I also have the Baron's risers as well as the Flanders bars. The biggest issue is the throttle cables, I went a whole 4 inches longer just to make sure I had plenty of room because with the stock handlebars with the Barons installed the RPM's would really increase when I turned full lock to one side. While I was doing the Flanders install, I also switched to SS lines for both brake and clutch so I had them made up a couple 3 inches longer. If I remember right the clutch was more critical than the brake lines were...

Have a safe trip tomorrow!!!

PS is the boat waxed yet?

Unless I find that the new bike already has them, I will be looking for some Flanders handlebars. Had them on the '99 and really liked them. Cheapest I've found them so far is about $141.00. A lot of places show them out of stock. Does anybody know of a place that has them any cheaper?

On the '99, I also installed SS brake, clutch and throttle cables but a lot of people here made the stock ones work so I'll probably try that at first and add the SS lines a bit further down the road. Spending too much on this stuff right now.

I didn't have to spend much on mine.....:innocent-emoticon::backinmyday:

Hmmm, not sure on that one Don! I needed a couple extra inches when I did mine, but then again I also have the Baron's risers as well as the Flanders bars. The biggest issue is the throttle cables, I went a whole 4 inches longer just to make sure I had plenty of room because with the stock handlebars with the Barons installed the RPM's would really increase when I turned full lock to one side. While I was doing the Flanders install, I also switched to SS lines for both brake and clutch so I had them made up a couple 3 inches longer. If I remember right the clutch was more critical than the brake lines were...

Have a safe trip tomorrow!!!

PS is the boat waxed yet?

You are probably right. I changed throttle, clutch and brake lines on the '99. It didn't have the risers and went 2" over on everything and it worked great. I've seen a lot of posts here though where people didn't change them. I like the SS anyway so may go ahead and do it. Don't remember where I got them so will have to do some research.

No, haven't waxed the boat yet. Did some cleaning but mostly on the inside. A little on the outside. Started it for the first time after being winterized and she fired right up. Runs so good that I don't even care if it sells or not.

Don, check with Earl (Skydoc_17), he made up a set of brake lines for me complete with the VMax hose splitter and home made splitter mounting bracket for a decent enough price! I used to have a local hydraulic supply company make up lines for me but their prices went through the roof! Earl does great work and is very reasonable, but I also remember him having an issue with pricing where he used to get his lines made up as well...

I am going to try and change out my stock handle bars with the Flanders bars on my 07 Venture.

Can someone here give me a list of exactly what I need to buy and have on hand to make this switch myself. My local mechanic said he would help fix anything that I can do but I'm worried this is beyond my capabilities.

I have changed my oil, spark plugs, and fuel pump before and that is it. Is this job going to be too difficult?

I'm almost certain the stock cables of the Venture will not reach. I'm 6'7" and need the height on the bars. I read on here that the stock RSTD stock cables will reach. Is that correct?

Edited by chag67

Is this job fairly simple?

Depends on your capabilities and skills! Changing the throttle cables is the hardest part as the assembly and adjustment is a little delicate, but the whole operation i.e. removing everything you need to get to the cable ends, the adjustment of the cables, and reassembly should take a half hour or less. Changing the brake and clutch requires about the same amount of digging down to get to. The time consuming part of that operation is bleeding both systems but hey, it was probably time to flush the systems anyway, unless you just did them within the last year or two...

I am going to try and change out my stock handle bars with the Flanders bars on my 07 Venture.

Can someone here give me a list of exactly what I need to buy and have on hand to make this switch myself. My local mechanic said he would help fix anything that I can do but I'm worried this is beyond my capabilities.

I have changed my oil, spark plugs, and fuel pump before and that is it. Is this job going to be too difficult?

Here is a list of part numbers from Buckeye performance from when I did the flanders swap on the trike. If I had to do it again, I'd Have Skydoc17 make my lines. Buckeye gave a Venturerider discount then, not sure if they still do.

Flanders bars; FL650-08763

Throttle cables stainless; BNT-RSVXLSSTHRCABL

Bar end adapters for RSV weights; BP426-426-095FL

Brake & clutch 5 line kit Stainless; BP426-426-999C

Total cost was about $650 in 2012

Yup!! Totally agree with Jay!! I used the Baron's risers with the Flanders bars and it makes a world of difference!! The "lift" is entirely dependent on where you clamp the bars! For me, being shrunk from my younger years at 5' 8" I wanted the grips as far back as possible. Just the risers didn't quite cut it for me, but with the Flanders bars, it came much further back with a much better angle on my wrists!! For me the bars are lower, for a taller person they should be higher. The point is, now I can actually lean against my backrest and be comfortable driving, and yes, for us trike riders, it makes the steering much much more easy...