IGNORED

Oil Seepage...any idea what the problem might be?

Hi guys, I noticed this for the first time late last summer on the left side of the motor, cleaned it up without really investigating it, and kind of forgot about it because I hadn't noticed any change in performance or mileage or oil level.

Yesterday when changing the rear shock I had the bike on the lift at eye level and noticed it again. This time it was on both sides instead of just the left side like last year. Again, haven't noticed any change in oil level or performance of the bike. Any ideas offhand where this might be coming from or where I should start looking?

I'm a very novice mechanic, but have gained a lot of confidence doing most of my own work with the help of this forum. I'm hoping we can figure this out and not to have to take it to someone else to work on. I hate the idea of some one else wrenching on my bike, I just don't have any faith in anyone.

Thanks in advance for any help.

dbtgallery.php?do=gallery_image&id=28480&gal=gallery&type=thumb dbtgallery.php?do=gallery_image&id=28479&gal=gallery&type=thumb

I'd say it's a good chance it's the valve cover gasket. Mine started leaking around the time for the second valve clearance check. Soooooim guessing around 50,000 miles. :080402gudl_prv:

She's got just under 35,000 miles on her. Any thoughts on how scary will it be for a novice to try and change the valve cover gasket?

Thanks for the reply