IGNORED

The time has come

Daveand Barbie

As the lovely Barbie and I are making preparations to make the trek back north, we have been having some pretty serious conversations about what we plan to do in the future.

We have decided to begin "lightening" our holdings so as to make a break for our place in the mountains.

With th that in mind, I am going to part with my 1990 VR and her 1984 Ascot VT500. Barbie doesn't feel secure driving it any longer and really doesn't enjoy riding with me either.

When we we get home, I will create an ad on the forum here with photos and all.

Well Dave, I can certainly understand!! I'm 68 and Becky is 73, so our riding days are numbered as well!! Becky has a hard time with anything over about 5 hours or so in a day, and riding alone is not as fun as it used to be! I sort of envision selling the trike in a couple of years or so myself. Mot sure what I'm going to do with the '84 project bike, waaaaaay more money invested in it that what it's worth!

Anybody interested in a Hot Rod version of an '84 V Maxified VR???

No, I am not. I bought the VR for the express purpose of touring with the lovely Barbie. She has become disinterested in riding more than about 15 minutes, so I have no real need for it any longer. After spending a month and 8000 miles on my FJR last summer, I have concluded that it is fine for me for touring.

as far as the Ascot is concerned, she is not comfortable in being able to handle the weight of it, so there is no real need to keep it. Believe me, I really want to keep it for me, but I know it wouldn't get the exercise it needs and I don't want to modify it to fit any perceived need for me. It's just to nice to mess it up.

Since I first posted, I decided to get rid of her Montesa too.

i will still have my FJR, Bandit 1200S, Bultaco Alpina, and Bultaco Sherpa T, and that's plenty for me.

Sad to hear this Dave but certainly understand my friend.. It's kind of crazy how life can change - I still think the key is to be flexible and roll with the flow. Sounds like that is exactly what you two are doing.. Also a good reason to ride while we can and build the memories while we are at it - and take LOTS of great :photographing:'s along the way - which I KNOW and appreciate the fact that folks have done exactly that !! I LOVED the :photographing:'s you folks past on to us during your stay down on the Island - wayyyyy cool!! Glad to hear your still gonna be around and riding that FJR my friend - AWESOME SCOOTS!!:thumbsup:

That Ascot is one GORGEOUS scoot and I know from viewing your pics over the winter that your Venture is too. All the best in your upcoming sales - somebodies gonna get a gorgeous bike,, or two!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Puc