IGNORED

Well, I'm back once again! 2009 Venture

Godlover

Well, it's been awhile but I just can't seem to stay away from the Royal Stars. For those of you who know me - well, let's just say - I've had a few bikes! However, the Royal Stars are the bikes I seem to keep my eye out for. Well, today I bought an sweet 2009 Venture from a dealer in Topeka, Kansas that has 16000 miles on it. Although I haven't seen it in person - from the pictures this bike is a beauty. I got a great deal on it - and I can't wait to head down to pick it up. It might be a few weeks with all the church activities in the next 10 days.

I've tried most the touring bikes. I've had an 1994, 2010 and 2012 Kawasaki Voyager - a 2002 Goldwing Trike - countless Road Stars - 2 MM Ventures - a couple of 1st Generation Ventures - 2005 Road Glide - 2005 Ultra Classic - and currently have parked a 2005 BMW K1200LT and a 2008 Harley Electra-Glide. The BMW and Harley are now listed on Craigslist. Love the Electra-glide but hate the engine heat in traffic. I have a burn scar on my leg from the pipes. Love how the BEEMER handles - but the sitting position hurts my hips. I've only had a month but know it isn't going to work for me. So, I'm back on a Venture and I will be hanging around here a bit more --- again.

Also in my garage is my nephews 1983 sweet Goldwing Cafe Racer and a 2009 Victory Vision with 11,000 miles I'm selling for a good friend. I was tempted to buy the Vision but then I bought this Venture!

It's good to be back!!

Well we are glad you are back and the new bike sounds GREAT.....BUT.....this was your first post since sometime in December. You can't just sell a Venture and then disappear until you buy another one. We are family...doesn't matter what you ride. THEREFORE...by the powers vested in me....actually I just now vested such powers....you are now on DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION! So there...now you've done it.

Yea Godlover,, that Bossman is right on target,, we all wondered what in the wild world of sports and hot dogs happened to ya brother!! Good to hear you are back home!!! :thumbsup:

:lightbulb:about that double probation thingy,, it's not that bad really.. Dont let it bother you to much my friend, I know a couple lop eared varmints around the VR MC Club who have been on probation for years.... Come to think of it,, I have even met some that have been members since before the "crash" and they have never gotten off probation :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Some other Club business,,, speaking about that new scoot of yours,, unspoken forum rules dictate :photographing:'s,,, lots and lots of :photographing:'s as soon as it rolls into it's new home :big-grin-emoticon:... Thought I would mention that cause I love ya brother and wouldn't want some sneaky rascal to add more time onto your probationary period... :big-grin-emoticon:

Well we are glad you are back and the new bike sounds GREAT.....BUT.....this was your first post since sometime in December. You can't just sell a Venture and then disappear until you buy another one. We are family...doesn't matter what you ride. THEREFORE...by the powers vested in me....actually I just now vested such powers....you are now on DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION! So there...now you've done it.

Thats good Don but I practice a lot of grace! If probation is in order, I can deal with it! Actually, although I may not have post I would check in often to check what was happening. This is best forum I've joined and it is great to be back.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg