IGNORED

Cell phone mount

Eck

I used a standard suction mount for a trip last July from Vancouver south to Lincoln City Oregon.

Mounted it on the inside lower left windscreen to give closer access to the power port. I had little trouble with the unit or mounting place, possibly due to the newness of the suction pad. I will admit to some concern for the secureness but all was well. My biggest problem was the gimbal tightness was not adjustable and the GPS would gradually work itself down. Since then I have mounted a Ram mount on the brake reservoir to alleviate all those concerns. We'll see how this summer riding goes. :canada:

@Freebird ,

When he stuck it on the brick in the video is what impressed me... and the wash and rinse to reuse it..Hey, it has to work I saw it on U-Tube!!!!

I'm with you @bongobobny in the security of suction mounting on the bike.. I would tether it for that "just in case" application...

In fact, I have the following items already tethered on my wing:

• My Garmin GPS is tethered to the suction mount, and the GPS suction mount has a "screw, locking washer and nut" holding it on to a plate I made.
  • Both of my chrome side covers are tethered with small detachable springs.
  • Both of the front speaker covers are tethered with fishing line.

@Freebird ,

When he stuck it on the brick in the video is what impressed me... and the wash and rinse to reuse it..Hey, it has to work I saw it on U-Tube!!!!

I'm with you @bongobobny in the security of suction mounting on the bike.. I would tether it for that "just in case" application...

In fact, I have the following items already tethered on my wing:

• My Garmin GPS is tethered to the suction mount, and the GPS suction mount has a "screw, locking washer and nut" holding it on to a plate I made.
  • Both of my chrome side covers are tethered with small detachable springs.
  • Both of the front speaker covers are tethered with fishing line.

Are you sure you are not riding a Harley where you have to tether all the parts so you don't lose them............:stirthepot::stickpoke:

Are you sure you are not riding a Harley where you have to tether all the parts so you don't lose them............:stirthepot::stickpoke:

Well believe it or not, I have read many posts on several Goldwing sites, where it appears to be a known, common, problem on Goldwing 1800's for the chrome side covers and the front speaker grills to blow off.

Mine never have, but after reading so many articles of this happening, I decided to tether mine just in case that day comes, I wont loose them.

No different than any other bike out there. Parts fall off every type of bike made if you ride them. If they sit in the garage all the time you don't have this problem...:stickpoke:

I had a friend make a custom aluminum holder that attaches to the handlebar between the fairing and the ignition. Used a part of cupholder mount my wife had for her CanAm F3 with the custom plate made by my friend. I use a belt clip mount to attach to the plate.

I received my mount today. I bought it to use ine truck to hold my phone. It sticks very well but I can't get my phone in a position that I like. I want to mount it on the dash near the radio controls and due to the angle of the stem, I either have to mount it so that the phone is nearly horizontal or facing down. I would like to have it angled toward me. I'm going to have to work with it to find a better position.

Dennis

I received my mount today. I bought it to use ine truck to hold my phone. It sticks very well but I can't get my phone in a position that I like. I want to mount it on the dash near the radio controls and due to the angle of the stem, I either have to mount it so that the phone is nearly horizontal or facing down. I would like to have it angled toward me. I'm going to have to work with it to find a better position.

Dennis

Haven't received mine yet... :bawling:

Eck did you get your mounts yet? I got mine today.

Nope, I have not received mine yet...:bawling:Will be contacting customer service tomorrow..

So how good does it stick? Post a review on it so I know what to expect..

I finally received mine!...

After taking it out of the little box and checking it out, I decided to read the little pamphlet that came with it, (located in bottom of little box) and noticed the "disclaimer". It reads: Do not leave the exmount mounted on your vehicle for prolonged lengths of time in direct sunlight or in direct sunlight or extreme temperatures. Doing so could damage the exmount and/or the vehicle......:stickpoke:

I guess that covers those of us who live in the south, north, east and west don't it..:think: