IGNORED

Colorado trip sightseeing and riding suggestions

Mover

We're planning a trip to Colorado for this summer with another couple. Our initial idea is to do some day trips from Steamboat Springs. Do you have some suggestions for sightseeing and riding in that area of the state?

Thanks

Mover

We're planning a trip to Colorado for this summer with another couple. Our initial idea is to do some day trips from Steamboat Springs. Do you have some suggestions for sightseeing and riding in that area of the state?

Thanks

Mover

If you "DONT" have to return back Steamboat Springs each night, choose one of these and load into your GPS...enjoy!

https://goo.gl/maps/47XPDjUm6uJ2

https://goo.gl/maps/xEUC8ZfXqw92

https://goo.gl/maps/kN6P2cj1DuA2

Is there any particular reason you want Steamboat Springs as your base?

Better and more scenic in my opinion is South of I-70.

However as Eck has mapped out Hwy 14 thru Poudre Canyon and the up and over Trail Ridge in Estes National Park are a must.

South Fork, Colo. to Pagosa Springs, Colo.

South Fork, Colo. to Creede, Colo. to Gunnison, Colo.

Montrose, Colo. to Durango Colo. to Cortez, Colo. Mesa Verda National Park, to Telluride, Colo.

Note: South Fork or Creede is the head waters of the Rio Grande River great trout fishing.

Take a day and rent a jeep or ATV's and do the Alpine Loop if you want a real adventure.

So much to do and so little time. Colorado is a great place and has so much to offer.

Hope you have a great trip!!

MT Evans, Highest paved Road in USA. 14,200 feet to th top. It is an Awesome ride and a little scary also, Do the hwy 14 thru Poudre River Canyon to Walden, CO then up to laramie, wy and stop at the oldest Prison west of the Mississippi. Was the first prison to house women. Annie Oakley spent time there. Black Canyon of the Gunnisons is great also. Anywhere you go south of I-70 and west of I-25 os a awesome adventure on a bike

MT Evans, Highest paved Road in USA. 14,200 feet to th top. It is an Awesome ride and a little scary also, Do the hwy 14 thru Poudre River Canyon to Walden, CO then up to laramie, wy and stop at the oldest Prison west of the Mississippi. Was the first prison to house women. Annie Oakley spent time there. Black Canyon of the Gunnisons is great also. Anywhere you go south of I-70 and west of I-25 os a awesome adventure on a bike

Make sure Mount Evans is open.

I was not last time I visited CO.

My favourite stretch of road in CO is 119/72/7 From Golden to Estes Park.