IGNORED

Carburetor float bowl covers

I am pretty sure that is not the technical name for the covers but I was wondering if I put the covers back on correctly? Unfortunately, I didn't think about taking a pic prior to removing all 4 covers when I was doing some maintenance on the carburetors. I am not sure if the fuel drain screws are supposed to be all facing the same direction or if they are all supposed to be facing inward. Would someone please take a look at the picture and let me know? Thanks in advance for your help.

Brian

Carburetor.jpg

all facing out is the way to go the bottom 2 in the pick are wrong [float bowls]

Yes, bottom two bowls need to be switched with each other so the drain screws point out.

I see the brass caps either haven't been removed or were reinstalled after service. If you were cleaning the carburetors and didn't remove those go back. You need to remove the pilot screws under them to properly clean.

Then leave the caps off. The EPA makes Yamaha put those on to prevent you from adjusting the mixture. You're going to want to adjust the mixture, regardless of what the EPA thinks.

Ok, Thanks for the info. I did remove the brass caps to adjust the mixing screw becasue I replaced the jets with the Ivan's Performance ones. I didn't remove the mixing screw to clean them just adjusted them. I didn't think they needed to be cleaned but maybe I should clean them since I have the carbs out already. Thanks again for the responses!

• 7 years later...