IGNORED

Decided to be productive on last day of year...

To refresh memories: I had very little space between the fairing and the handlebars compared to others who had same handlebar setup with Baron's extensions.

IMG_20150731_104434_772.jpg

So I decided to do something about that. Tried putting spacers of various sorts between bars and fairing and that didn't work as they would disappear on rough roads.

So took fairing apart again this morning....and put a lock washer and spacer on the two frame bolts that the inner fairing goes over...giving me about a 1/4 inch spacing off the frame at the bolt. Put everything back together and now have this...

IMG_20151231_132111_138.jpg

Nice improvement and solid. Gained more space than I expected and no issues putting everything back together.

Then decided to install my Christmas present to myself.

IMG_20151223_112526_849.jpg

They are small for the price paid. But if they work as advertised, My legs will be happy next summer in the desert heat!

Now I need to figure out why I can't get a Scorpion helmet in my travel trunk while others can...same year bike and helmet. Weird. But this is what makes riding and owning a scoot fun....figuring out the why's and whynots...

IMG_20150512_180406_227.jpgIMG_20150512_180423_890.jpg

Happy New Year to all and please.....BE SAFE!!!

david

The helmet don't fit in the trunk cuz you are in AZ, it is so bloody hot in the summer that the trunk in melting and getting smaller just like the old Shrinky Dinks. (I think I just dated myself....)

You keep riding in that heat and that whole Venture will shrink down to a Moped......

You should move up here where it is not so hot........

Guest Jamsie

I use a Scorpian 500 air and fits in my topbox ( trunk ) with no problems .

try turning the helmet 90 deg clockwise from the position shown in the pic, also make sure there is nothing underneeth it either

its a tight fit height wise and even a glove will prevent the lid from closing .

On my VFR i also have to remove the scalrider as well , not tried with 2 helmets in RSV box yet though

I use a Scorpian 500 air and fits in my topbox ( trunk ) with no problems .

try turning the helmet 90 deg clockwise from the position shown in the pic, also make sure there is nothing underneeth it either

its a tight fit height wise and even a glove will prevent the lid from closing .

On my VFR i also have to remove the scalrider as well , not tried with 2 helmets in RSV box yet though

Well James...did try your suggestions: No dice. My Scorpion won't fit in any direction in the trunk. Not even close. Guess my head is to big, sigh! XL size.

Thanks for the suggestions. Thankfully, Yamaha put those little helmet holders under the trunk.

To refresh memories: I had very little space between the fairing and the handlebars compared to others who had same handlebar setup with Baron's extensions.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102917[/ATTACH]

So I decided to do something about that. Tried putting spacers of various sorts between bars and fairing and that didn't work as they would disappear on rough roads.

So took fairing apart again this morning....and put a lock washer and spacer on the two frame bolts that the inner fairing goes over...giving me about a 1/4 inch spacing off the frame at the bolt. Put everything back together and now have this...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102918[/ATTACH]

Nice improvement and solid. Gained more space than I expected and no issues putting everything back together.

Then decided to install my Christmas present to myself.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102919[/ATTACH]

They are small for the price paid. But if they work as advertised, My legs will be happy next summer in the desert heat!

Now I need to figure out why I can't get a Scorpion helmet in my travel trunk while others can...same year bike and helmet. Weird. But this is what makes riding and owning a scoot fun....figuring out the why's and whynots...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102920[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]102921[/ATTACH]

Happy New Year to all and please.....BE SAFE!!!

david

Boy, I must be behind on the times. When did you get an RSV VideoAZ?

Beautiful bike my friend! Is that a factory paint job?

Well...almost. The tank decal was not on bike when I bought and the fairing needed some touch up. So I had a local custom paint shop here match the factory paint on the tank for the fairing. I took off the silver plastic little dodads on the fairing thinking they may be interfering with the rain and didn't like the looks anyway. So far, the rain does a good job staying away from me so I think those little chrome strips do more harm then good when it comes to wind flow.

So yes...as far as I know the tank and other pieces are factory but the fairing I re-painted. They did a great job matching paint.

I do have to take better pics...the above are from my phone before I replaced the plastic cover over the camera lens. Pics are better now...but I do have some pro photog gear from old work days I should use to get some good shots.

Thanks for the kind words!

• 3 weeks later...

To continue this thread:

I ordered the 2nd (lost somewhere) bumper that normally buffers between the inner fairing and the triple tree. Since My bars no longer sit close due to the Baron's extensions, I found what I think will be a good place to mount them now that I have some space between the inner fairing and the bars. See a few posts up ^ with pics.

Here is the orientation that seems to fit best..actually touching both the bottom of the inner fairing and the bars.

IMG_20160125_171219_813.jpg

And here is what they would look like once installed. I may have to trim them a bit to get the angle right...I'll know that when the 2nd one comes in by end of week.

IMG_20160125_171248_888.jpg

Any negatives about this placement I might be missing? Should I find some 3M double sticky tape to mount to inner fairing or just epoxy the suckers to the fairing and not worry about them anymore? If I place them right against the bars, they should provide damping action just fine...

TIA,

david