IGNORED

help getting bike home? Ga to Wi.

eagleeye

I'm getting a small dual purpose bike from 86er and have a truck lined up to ship it here, and my only concern is the truckers loading and unloading at several different terminals between there and here. the price is fine, its' just getting it here in one piece that has me concerened.

So, my question is: Is anyone from the north vacationing down south with their bikes/trailer and have room to bring this back up here?

Or anyone just plain heading up this way?

Thought I'd check before I arrange the shipping.

Thanks,

Steve

Guest Popeye

Be VERY careful. I had my scoot shipped to me & was told it was an enclose van. Turned out the "enclosed van" was pulling an open trailer during an ice storm. Guy stopped at a motel & didn't cover 1997 'perfect' bike.

I got it covered with ice, sand, salt, snow, in radiator, vents, electronics, etc. It took me a month to get it clean. I used U-Ship.com with low bid.

Never again.

I have a little 500cc bike coming today [COD] with owner delivering. He knows if it's wet or dirty, he can take it back.

Steve,

What, you don't want to fly down and ride it back?

Take a round-about way and you can qualify for an Iron Butt (and a soft head).

Look forward to seeing your new toy. Good luck in getting quality shipping.

RR

I don't know what you are paying and if nothing better comes up. But there is a company in Milwaukee called Daily Direct, www.haulbikes.com and that is all they do. Just because they are right behind the HD plant, don't let that stop you. I have not used them, but they run alot of trailers, they business keeps growing. lol

Hey Jeff,

I really don't mind taking a bus down and riding back, but I'd hate to beat up that little 250 like that.:rotf:

Actually, I did already call the bike hauler and they are not cheap. I have a company that already delivers here at work and a price that can't be beat, I was just looking for possibly safer mode of transport.

And I might add, it would make it a lot easier on good old 86er:080402gudl_prv:

Steve

Steve,

We passed a trailer from Ga to Canada a couple of years ago. The little bike might be a little harder to do but if you're not in to big a hurry I bet we can get it to you.

Just try and set it up and see how it works out.

Jerry

Steve,

We passed a trailer from Ga to Canada a couple of years ago. The little bike might be a little harder to do but if you're not in to big a hurry I bet we can get it to you.

Jerry

Boo,

I don't get it, what does this mean?

I don't want to put a whole lot of people out just to get this here.

Just thought I'd see if anybody was passin by, headin my way.

Steve

Boo,

I don't get it, what does this mean?

I don't want to put a whole lot of people out just to get this here.

Just thought I'd see if anybody was passin by, headin my way.

Steve

Steve,

You might be surprised to find out what some people will do to meet other VentureRiders over an Ice Cream. Sometimes it takes a while to get something from point c to point d but eventually someone will be going that direction.

The guys on another site passed a bike on a trailer from down south somewhere to Canada on the east coast.

Jerry

It works Steve...the guys here relayed my piggy backer from Ga to Minneapolis last spring for me.

I tried the shipping route for the bike and ended up flying down and driving it home picking the trailer up on the way. It was cheaper that way.

Well, I'm all for meeting new folks also, so I'll let this ride for a bit.

Hey Sarge, I thought Boo got your trailer from Janesville Wi? Maybe you were talking about the other one huh?

Anyways, I'll talk with Todd in about an hour and hash this out. I'm really in no hurry, in fact thought about driving down to their meet and eat next weekend, but 880 miles is a stretch. Right now, I'm open to all options.

I'd for sure drive a ways south to pick up the bike and meet some of you outlaws.

Thanks for all of your thoughts on the subject.

Steve

If you do the relay, I'll help in good ol' Indiana. We've got a guy down in Scottsburg (20 mi from Louisville, I'm in Indy, I'm sure we got people up by Chicago, heck that's almost half the journey right there! (I-65 trip)

Dan