IGNORED

Songs your friends would be surprised to hear you listening to....

bj66

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Jimmy Buffet , JJ Cale has become one of my favorites, right up there with Mark Knopfler and Emmy Lou Harris,

Should not be a surprise to anyone that knows me but you often hear me listening to.

As note of trivia, Emmy Lou Harris was born on the same day, (different year) that I was, April 2.

Everyone that gets into our vehicles and hears the Celtic music is always shocked at first. It is our sons band we listen to.

knackersyard.net

:cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Which young man is he Kev and what instrument does he play? He and his group have definitely got talent :bowdown::bowdown::happy34:

THANK YOU @Larry1963 !! Because @bj66 (OP) asked for our non-typical music in this thread I had to refrain from all my Willie n Waylon suggestions and was just :fingers-crossed-emo that someone would have the thoughtfulness to bring them up - and looky that brother, you even brought in Johnny!!:thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon:

That Ghost Riders is a life long favorite!! Cowboy change yours ways today or with us YOU will ride..........:7_2_104[1]:

It not that I a rebellious, in fact I am very much a follow the rules kind of guy. However, I do fail to read or understand instructions well, ask my wife. So I didn't mean to go against the grain, just trying to have fun

It not that I a rebellious, in fact I am very much a follow the rules kind of guy. However, I do fail to read or understand instructions well, ask my wife. So I didn't mean to go against the grain, just trying to have fun

Oh no @Larry1963, you didnt go against any grain - sorry if it sounded like I was implying anything like that at all. It was just that BJ had asked us to put down songs that our friends would be surprised to hear playing on our scoots and, because my friends would not even blink if they heard me playing Willie (I LOVE Willie) - I couldnt list him on here. I was :fingers-crossed-emo still hoping and counting on one of my brothers here to fill in that gap (so to speak) though :thumbsup:

Oh no @Larry1963, you didnt go against any grain - sorry if it sounded like I was implying anything like that at all. It was just that BJ had asked us to put down songs that our friends would be surprised to hear playing on our scoots and, because my friends would not even blink if they heard me playing Willie (I LOVE Willie) - I couldnt list him on here. I was :fingers-crossed-emo still hoping and counting on one of my brothers here to fill in that gap (so to speak) though :thumbsup:

Cowpuc you are good, I was not implying anything but I have something for you to try. Go back to one of my post and get the song Cow Pattie, and have it playing away next time you go to a big bike rally..... the people that still call you friend will be looking at you funny LOL

Cowpuc you are good, I was not implying anything but I have something for you to try. Go back to one of my post and get the song Cow Pattie, and have it playing away next time you go to a big bike rally..... the people that still call you friend will be looking at you funny LOL

YOU GOTTA WATCH YOUR STEP WHEN KNOW THE CHIPS ARE DOWN!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

YIPPEEE I OHHHH COWPATTI!!!:big-grin-emoticon: :dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

THANK LAR - FROM OL' COW PUCKI

Pat Boone and Andy Williams.........Ummmmm......No, ain't gonna happen. :). Made ol Puc think there for a second.

Just think of what a guy would look like riding his bike with a pair of Pat Boone white shoes! That could be a whole new thread. " your reaction to Pat Boone shoes on a motorcycle ".....

Pat Boone and Andy Williams.........Ummmmm......No, ain't gonna happen. :). Made ol Puc think there for a second.

Just think of what a guy would look like riding his bike with a pair of Pat Boone white shoes! That could be a whole new thread. " your reaction to Pat Boone shoes on a motorcycle ".....

:think: pull in, slip em off and hang em on Tweeks Antelope Horns out at Sturgis and I betcha the problems with finding a place to park her in all those Harleys would instantly become a thing of the past Bern :crackup:

In the spirit of the season, some of my favorites(which I can't upload because of this silly iPad)

Merry Christmas from the Creative World of Stan Kenton

In the Christmas Mood - The Glen Miller Orchestra

the Chicago Christmas album(I believe it is #25 )

All are albums and just really great. The Kenton album was recorded in 1962.

Given the festive season we are in. Here is one of my faves I wish had been performed when I was singing.

Watch "Riu, riu, chiu - Mateu Fletxa - The King's Singers" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/5ntpw4PJ0QM

Or

https://youtu.be/RzGQU5VMPdI

English translation

Riu Riu Chiu

Riu, riu, chiu

The river bank is protected

God has kept the wolf

From our ewe lamb

God has kept the wolf

From our ewe lamb

The rabid wolf

Wanted to bite her

But Almighty God

Knew how to defend her

He willed to make her

Unable to sin

Even original sin

This virgin did not have

Riu, riu, chiu...

The one who is born

Is the Great Monarch

Christ the Patriarch

Clothed in flesh

He has redeemed us

By making himself small

Though he was infinite

He became finite

Riu, riu, chiu...

He comes to give

Life to the dead

He comes to repair

The fall of all mankind

This Child

Is the light of day

He is the Lamb

Of whom St. John spoke

Riu, riu, chiu...

I saw a thousand Angels

Who were singing

Flying around

Chanting in a thousand voices

Saying to the shepherds

Glory in Heaven

And peace on earth

For Jesus is born

Riu, riu, chiu...

Now we have

What we desire

Let us go together

To present him gifts

Let us all give him

Our will

For he came

As our equal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%ADu_R%C3%ADu_Ch%C3%ADu

Riu, riu, chiu...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Edited by GAWildKat
Feeling fruity!

Get down, get down, get down tonight, get down tonight.... My favorite...

Disco dancin,, what riot it was!! (makes this ol body ache just listening)

and who could forget

slide one in that my friends would definitely not be surprised to hear on my scoot BJ :rasberry: