IGNORED

new venture for 2016

mike042

Turtle, I have 51k on mine. Love my bike but I would like something different.

Big Lenny, I don't sugar coat. That is the problem with todays society. Everyone needs sugar coating and polical correctness. It just boggles my mind at how every year somebody starts this type of thread and then all you here is "I talked to this guy and he said this or that". I hope Yammy does come out with one for the masses. That way all the hoping and praying goes away. I am not trying to be a jerk but.......it is my nature.....ask my wife! As I stated though, I hope they get you boys a new touring bike but I really think you will be dissapointed on Christmas morning.

Big Lenny, I don't sugar coat. That is the problem with todays society. Everyone needs sugar coating and polical correctness. It just boggles my mind at how every year somebody starts this type of thread and then all you here is "I talked to this guy and he said this or that". I hope Yammy does come out with one for the masses. That way all the hoping and praying goes away. I am not trying to be a jerk but.......it is my nature.....ask my wife! As I stated though, I hope they get you boys a new touring bike but I really think you will be dissapointed on Christmas morning.

I am with you on a new bike. But what I am looking for is a trike. I will keep the RSV to ride till I think it is time to give it up. Then it will go to my oldest son and his wife. I may let them ride the RSV some while I take the trike out.

Rick, I totally get ya Bro. I like an ole boy that has a little Jerk tendency in him every now and again. Flavors the conversation up. I won't be disappointed on Christmas day because If they do come out with one, I'll hafta go get the dang thing myself. LOL Sure won't get it as a gift. I certainly don't expect them to, and my hopes are not even close to being up for it. But, if it happens, I'm gonna give you the biggest "I TOLD YOU SO" you ever got. LOL!!!!

Rick, I totally get ya Bro. I like an ole boy that has a little Jerk tendency in him every now and again. Flavors the conversation up. I won't be disappointed on Christmas day because If they do come out with one, I'll hafta go get the dang thing myself. LOL Sure won't get it as a gift. I certainly don't expect them to, and my hopes are not even close to being up for it. But, if it happens, I'm gonna give you the biggest "I TOLD YOU SO" you ever got. LOL!!!!

I hope you do get a chance to tell me YOU TOLD ME SO. I really do. I know I for one have been VERY disappointed in Yammies lack of interest in changing a bike or offering what I think is a VERY LOYAL customer base a new bike. Look at the product line Indian has brought out in the last few years. But, I have made my choice, it will be a used CVO or Ultra Low. I just like the style of the bike. And I do like to flavor up the conversation from time to time.:stirthepot:

I hope you do get a chance to tell me YOU TOLD ME SO. I really do. I know I for one have been VERY disappointed in Yammies lack of interest in changing a bike or offering what I think is a VERY LOYAL customer base a new bike. Look at the product line Indian has brought out in the last few years. But, I have made my choice, it will be a used CVO or Ultra Low. I just like the style of the bike. And I do like to flavor up the conversation from time to time.:stirthepot:

I agree with you on the Yamaha assessment. It's quite ridiculous how disinterested they are in supporting the touring world. I understand your attraction to the CVO or Ultra bike. Harley makes some really cool stuff. They are who they are because they do a world class job of listening to their customer base. Even though Harley has maintained an older style look, the bike is deceivingly high tech. And all the changes they made for the Rushmore editions were spot on improvements.

Funny how everyone here drinks the Yamaha Kool-Aide. Every year for the last 5 years you all sit here hoping and praying for a miracle. How is it working for you? In reality......if they did actually come out with a new bike.........how many of you would actually pull the trigger and drop the cash for one??? I bet not many.

My question is why is everyone looking at a new bike from Yamaha do yours have 200,000 miles on them or just want a new bike? I have only had my 99 for 1 year but I can't imagine getting a new one till it is totally wore out. It rides nice easy to work on and enough stuff to make it my own. What am I missing or do the rest of you have a ton of miles on yours?

Actually I highly doubt that many of us really would go buy a new one either,, I know I for one will probably never out live the abundance of and love for the 1st Gens. Shoot,, I have yet to move up to the MK2,, much less even beginning my journey into experiencing the awesome 2nd Gen world. I am kind of counting on being found out in the mountains of western Montana at 90+ years old with another worn out old 1st Gen (I am sure Tweeks will be long gone - she is getting pretty tired) that I will properly name "Music" = she lays with ol Cowpuc n Tippy,, there by her side..:2132::2133::2133:

Of course, you never know,,, if the cash flow is there (I dont do the debt thing), if our health holds out, if there is any :mo money: left after marrying off the rest of our off spring and keeping Grand Kids in Minibikes....... then YEA... could happen.. Way I figure it, it doesnt hurt to :witch_brew: and :stickpoke: with Mom Yam just in case :big-grin-emoticon:

Edited by cowpuc