IGNORED

On the road again

Marcarl

Just in case you all were worried about little olde me, as two members who emailed me today were, Scamper is back to her old normal self with a little more life than usual. This maybe due to the fact that she's been sitting since mid November or due to the fact that she now has been babied and caressed beyound believe. Second gear was fixed, carbs cleaned but not rebuilt, engine cleaned out thoroughly, new oil and filter, tender loving care in many adjustments,,, tightened engine mounts solidly, new plugs (non-risistor type) maybe not a good idea), so far lots of noise,,,, new Avon on the back, new pads all the way around, some new bearings, seals and clutch basket, (I'll not say why), clutch installed according to book instructions, which means that you put the basket in first, then the thrust washer, then the boss, after which is the locking ring and finally the nut. Yea I know, the thrust washer needs to be in the right place, you can't just put it somewhere and hope it goes to where it should be,,,, doctors have it much easier, they can just throw it all back and it will striaghten itself out LOL.

So last night about 11:45,, 2 scoots were headed for Burford for a quick test run and soo far everything checks out super. Boy what a good feeling.

Thanks all for the help and input and concern,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we're on the road again...........................

Carl

With all that time, effort, and money into all those new parts you could have bought a nice 2nd gen.

Glad to hear it went relatively well. Just a few missing in action parts, but glad I was able to part of the relay to get them parts to yah.

See you on the road,

Brad

When's your first trip across the border going to be??

It'll have to warmer than last year, but I'm looking forward to it already.

With all that time, effort, and money into all those new parts you could have bought a nice 2nd gen.

Glad to hear it went relatively well. Just a few missing in action parts, but glad I was able to part of the relay to get them parts to yah.

See you on the road,

Brad

What missing parts??????? just a few screws, that's all,,,, anyways all the holes were filled up with Plastex,,,,,glued everything together,,,, now no more cracks to worry about,,, nothing gonna fall off,,, and I got screws to sell on Ebay as vintage,,, should command a good price I would think,, maybe pay for all the repairs,,,,coffee can will be used for shipping,, also a relic. If it don't sell real well, there always some newer scoots in need of tested product.