IGNORED

Venom wheel chock

I'm looking for a good chock to hold my 2008 RSV upright for oil checks/changes and well as for trailering.

Has anyone any experience with a Venom wheel chock with their RSV?

I found 2 models on Amazon:

Venom Wheel Chock (all black)

New Venom Wheel Chock (black and golden)

The specs for both say that they fit wheels 17" to 21".

My RSV has a 150/80-16 Dunlop Elite 3 front tire.

Will either of these chocks fit my tire?

Thanks.

I've never used one, but one of the problems I found with a similar Harbor Freight chock is that it wants to slide on a smooth surface. With the HB it can be anchored down to a piece of plywood if it becomes a problem. From the design of the Venom I don't think that would be possible. Also at some later date you want to use it on a trailer you may have a problem. The HF's also sell in that price range and can be had on sale for $50. Heck I just bought one for $47, and consider it a steal... I own 4 HB's. Also the HF appears to be more heavily constructed than the Venom.

If you have an 8' bed and with the tailgate toabout 10' you should be able to center it up. My problem is it would scare the B-Jesus out of me loading and unloading the bike into a truck bed.. I've seen too many videos of things going wrong, and it ain't fun with an 850# scoot. A ramp gate onto a trailer is a piece of cake, but rigging up ramps into a truck is not secure enough for me.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question.

The Harbor Freight chock seems like a good recommendation.

videoarizona, can you tell me more about the "Tire width vs chock width" issue you've had. what tire size was involved?

Vzuden and Condor, do your bikes have standard sized Venture tires: 150/80-16?

Here is what I made for the vstrom I picked up:[ATTACH=CONFIG]102261[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]102262[/ATTACH]

OSB with 2X8's 4" ID for the tire width and two straps per side an a strap on each rear.

Puc is showing you this.

Actually we loaded it off of a hill/ledge and was even with the bed, and the harley shop a couple blocks from my house helped me with their ramp, again, rear wheels low and a BIG, WIDE curved ramp.

Nice idea, but to take it one step farther I'd put triangular gussets in the middle of the 2x8's just to give it a little more support. With the side pieces only attached at the base if something happened... strap break, etc.... there wouldn't be much support to keep the bike upright. I did something similar when I first started bringing stray Ventures home. Only I used 2x4's to form a channel with a 4x4 acrossed the front to keep the bike from moving forward in a panic stop...plus lots of straps. BTW...Very cool looking scoot...