IGNORED

God's Country

mirider

In the 70s I went camping with my brother and we climbed under the Cut River bridge when a cement trucked over it. I couldn't get off it fast enough.

It is certainly God's country up there. I miss going up there dearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ran across recent photo of one of my favorite spots in the UP of Michigan, the Cut River Bridge on US 2 about 25 miles west of the Mackinac Bridge. Photo taken about two weeks ago with colors starting to peak.....:happy34:

.[ATTACH=CONFIG]102039[/ATTACH]

You have to pee a lot..... I cannot remember the third thing

You could pass that off as a pic of our New River Gorge Bridge in the Real "God's Country" here in West by God!! Sure looks a lot alike but ours is a lot higher I thing so idiots can jump off it with all kinds of contraptions!! I gotta get up their in you guys country one of these days.

You could pass that off as a pic of our New River Gorge Bridge in the Real "God's Country" here in West by God!! Sure looks a lot alike but ours is a lot higher I thing so idiots can jump off it with all kinds of contraptions!! I gotta get up their in you guys country one of these days.:fingers-crossed-emo

I been saying it,, I been saying it:big-grin-emoticon:!!! Been yakking with my Greet-Meet n Eat Meat staff and we been talking a lot about doing a U.P. shin dig.. During the course of the discussions your name came up as a potential victim,, I mean guest to come up - spend a night here at our trail head home (the Lord chose to use our home to mark the Trail Head of Michigans finest touring package) , pack up the tents (I even have extra poles around here somewhere) and head up the Lake Shore..:cool10:

Gotta wait till summer though, I suspect God wore a mitten when he made Michigan for a reason :happy34:

Nice photo, I must confess I've never noticed crossing the bridge along US2, most recently this last august. Guess I'm too busy watching out for traffic or something. Love riding the UP, this last trip up rode on up to Copper Harbor, had beautiful weather. Next summer want to ride the Porcupine Mtns. Have a former foster daughter in Big Bay (north of Marquette) that we go visit and ride different roads each trip

you mean THIS UP?[ATTACH=CONFIG]102074[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]102075[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]102076[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]102077[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]102078[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]102079[/ATTACH]

I was up in the UP this summer visiting my good buddy, Yooper, but haven't been over to this bridge. I will next summer.

@eagleye - it appears you have visited "Da Yoopers Tourist Trap" near Ishpeming :happy34:, Another favorite spot of mine. Lots to see and do in da UP.....:happy65: