IGNORED

HELP, Im traveling, Ive lost the inner speedo cable..

83 VR

Im in Indianapolis and ive lost the inner cable of my speedometer. What can i do to fix this? Ive read something about a NAPA part, but i dont know that it was for my bike.

It was lost on the highway... im NOT going out there to look for it. Any input appreciated..

I can't help you with that cable, but a quick road fix suggestion till you return home, buy a cheap GPS with suction cup and disc mount.

They all have real time speed and trip meters to track your mileage.

Go to any auto parts store and buy a universal speedo cable. It has the same square ends as the stock cable.

Cut it to length and glue the end on. Done!

Gary

Im thinking im gonna try this.. The nut at the end of the cable is still there, i just need the part that rotates.

Got to be some dealers located nearby that would have the part. OR...order it and have it shipped to a destination down the road.

If anyone has a spare they can measure...maybe that would help.

I will look for a dealer along my route but i dont think its avail. anywhere except used from ebay or amazon.

If you are still in Indy, you might check with them and see if they have one in stock.

PartShark.com 6926 E. 16th St. Indianapolis IN 46219

Phone: 1-877-999-5686 (9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Mon-Fri Eastern Std. Time)

or try Flat out Motorcycles, 8118 E. Washington Street Indianapolis, IN 46219 Phone: (317) 890-9110

Just a couple of local places to try in Indy area.

Rick F.

If you are still in Indy, you might check with them and see if they have one in stock.

PartShark.com 6926 E. 16th St. Indianapolis IN 46219

Phone: 1-877-999-5686 (9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Mon-Fri Eastern Std. Time)

or try Flat out Motorcycles, 8118 E. Washington Street Indianapolis, IN 46219 Phone: (317) 890-9110

Just a couple of local places to try in Indy area.

Rick F.

Aaaarrrgggg, I wish I had. Oh well, a new one is in the mail to me now. Thanks for offering up a Possible solution.