IGNORED

Took a long weekend to the Mountains. Payson, Arizona

videoarizona

A buddy on his HD Ultra and I took off last week to spend a few days in Payson, AZ. Did some much needed work on the deck. Saturday we took off for a ride up on the Mogollon Rim. Pronounced "Mug-ee-own". It's a mile high escarpment that cuts across above Payson. When I first came to AZ in 1969, we used to camp all over the place up there to beat the heat in Phoenix. I brought up my VStar 950 Tourer on the trailer as I needed to use the truck to carry wood and tools for the work we needed to do to "pay the rent" so to speak.

IMG_20150919_115245_137.jpg

The two scoots on the rim road to Woods Canyon Lake. Didn't realize how long the 950T was.

IMG_20150919_115447_073.jpg

Me and my little scoot....Think I'll go back up in 2 weeks with a Venture. I left the tools up there so I could ride up the back way from Tucson.

IMG_20150919_115733_719.jpg

Hiway 260...looking west back toward Payson. Nice ride. :biker:

OUTSTANDING DAVID!!! :clap2:

I can easily see how you could have spent a lot of time camping up there,, matter of fact - just looking at those 3 pics that you posted made me see 3 places I now have to go drop my tent at someday:big-grin-emoticon:

Especially that last one with the perfectly good flat surface of rock just the right size for a 5x7 Menards tent:thumbsup:

Dave,

I will be back from DC/VA on Oct 6. Looking forward to riding after 2 months of hotel room. The weekend of 10th/11th there are several riding events including being Road Guards for a fund raising ride and on Sunday is the Blessing of the Bikes at my Church. This is a really cool family event if you are interested. A couple of us will be riding to it together. :biker::biker::biker:

Blessing of the Bikers.JPG

Scott and Steve...

Arizona does have some really nice 2 lane rides. 260 is one of them. But being Arizona, most of the rides need to be done in the Spring or Fall as the summer heat is a bit much for "most people" (Puc....sigh, what can I say. You do like heat)...even up north. March/April...October/November are prime riding months....although I did ride my little 250 DS6C around the northern part of AZ in the summer of 1970...summer of 100 days over 100 degrees in Phoenix! I got out of town a lot!

Bill,

Don't know if I can make the Saturday ride...but maybe Sunday at the church. But lets talk if you have time when you get settled...

david