IGNORED

Putting body parts back on

dkaiser

Hello All,

I got all of the parts painted, not a pro, but they look pretty good. I put the trunk and the bags on today, worked pretty well.

I am kinda dreading putting the fairing halves on, alot of the tabs are gone, and I am going to have to make do with the pieces I have, also the fairing lowers have alot of the tabs gone.

Any suggestions or tricks to making the pieces stay on and look good?

I will post pics when I get it done.

D

Dave, get some Devcon Plastic Welder in the hardware dept of WallyWorld and some fiberglass cloth. The PW is a two part epoxy. Lay the cloth into it and then grind it down with a Dremel or such. You can remake the tabs that way.

Click HERE for a thread on the repair to my bike where I used JB Weld and Plastic Welder.

Good Luck, Man!

Hello All,

I got all of the parts painted, not a pro, but they look pretty good. I put the trunk and the bags on today, worked pretty well.

I am kinda dreading putting the fairing halves on, alot of the tabs are gone, and I am going to have to make do with the pieces I have, also the fairing lowers have alot of the tabs gone.

D

When I saw the thread title, all I could think of was Frankenstein. :rotf::rotf:

• 1 year later...
Guest Brian Doerner
Hello All,

D

Look at my profile pix - I have dun a ton of patches to mine using STEEL and 5 minute epoxy - it will fix any broken tabs or what ever ya got.

Make a template out of poster board or thin cardboard first - cut it big enough to provide enough strength for stress. Bend the cardboard and trim it till ya get what U need - then trace that pattern to sheet metal - bend and form accordingly to fit - grind the ABS and the metal very clean - mix the epoxy and clamp the pcs together till set - I added pcs of ABS that were missing or broken that I cut from an inner body panel that I got from the wreckers. It worx great - VERY STRONG!