IGNORED

Wheels Through Time Museum

frankd

A couple of us that were staying at the Seasons Motel (near Vogel) were talking about the fact that Barb and I intended to go to the Wheels Through Time Museum after we left Sunday morning. Well, it is fantastic!! I'm terrible with names, but the Venturerider that has the beautiful black Victory Trike mentioned that Dale Walksler often starts up bikes in the museum. Dale was at the museum Sunday. I first saw him at the front door talking to people coming in. Something that we'd talked about at the motel was that his show was cancelled. When I asked him about that, he said that "It's gone like a puff of smoke". He went on to say that they're working on a new show, but he's not as enthused about it. The new show will be on the History channel and it will about restoration, not driving around the country finding bikes. He said that he really has no input to the show.

As you walk through the museum, you see that there are a lot of narrow rubber streaks on the floor, probably from Dale and his son entertaining themselves when the museum is closed.

Later I saw him getting into a V-12 Lincoln. He hit the starter and it cranked (very slowly) and started. He backed it out, and drove it into a trailer that he uses for storage. He brought another older car inside and moved it into a display. This car was a crank start and he tried to get it running. It did hit a couple of times, but didn't start. He looked and saw that there was a bolt missing from the throttle linkage, and later I saw him going back to the car with a 1/4"-20 nut and bolt in his hand. If you're in the area make sure you stop here!

http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/walksler1.jpgwalksler5.jpgwalksler2.jpgwalksler3.jpgwalksler4.jpg

Edited by frankd
joe reminded me I wasn't finished

AH MAN I was wondering how come we have not seen any new shows from them. But these channels can make 5 more Rat Rod shows that all could be thrown on at anytime and look the same right? Next stop Velocity channel to write them an e-mail.Here is a link for you all to tell the "what the heck is wrong with you guys"