IGNORED

First Oil Change on 06 RSV

ok, I know there are tons of posts about this already. I think I have looked at everyone of them. I don't know what type of oil is currently in my bike, but I recently passed the 3,000 miles so I want to change the oil and filter. I already bought the K&N oil filter. I know how to do the change. I am just very confused on what type of oil. I don't think I need to worry about Synthetic because my bike only has 16,000 miles on it. I live in Mass. and mostly ride in the warmer weather, but I do ride until it snows as well. In my last bike I ran 20w-40, non-synthetic.

I know a lot of it is personal preference. I'm just looking for people who have a lot more experience than me, to give a little advise on what oil. Should I go to synthetic?

Some people have mentioned that changing the oil has helped the whine. I have a little whine around 50-55mph. Nothing crazy.

Thank you so much in advance for any help in giving me peace of mind for buying the right oil!

Adam

Yamalube oil (10W40 )

Amsoil has new filters. clean at 98.7 percent@15microns. New number is EaOM103.

Brand Part Number

Baldwin B1400

Fram PH6017A

Napa Gold #1358

Perf-form PFJ503

Purolator PL14612

Purolator ML16819

WIX 51358

Yamaha 3FV-13440-00-00

AC Delco PF2135

Amsoil SMF103

Carquest 85358

Honda 15410-MCJ-000

K&N KN-303 or Chrome KN-303C

STP SMO 17

Bosch 3300

Mobile M1-108

I like the Shell Rotella. Either in the T6 Syn or the Dino oil. I think its 15w40. You may find it in the diesel side of oil section as it is a diesel oil but most importantly what ever oil you decide make sure it meets the JASMO spec. No oil with friction modifiers. The synthetic oils are less apt to go acidic when sitting a long time like over winter without being run. On the Purolator filters and also any of the auto filters. There has been noticed there was a change in the manufacturing and they will not fir anymore. See this thread for explanation on what's going on with the filters.

I read that article about the Purolator filters. That's why I bought K&N 303. It seemed like a lot of people were happy with that one. I just bought a gallon of Yamalube 15w40. I'll see how she does!!

Thanks for your help and input