IGNORED

It NEVER fails

Brenner

It never fails in life no matter how hard you try. Some ones actions or decisions affect yours whether in a positive or negative manner. Trying to move up can be a challenge and no matter how hard you spin your wheels you just can't seem to get no mileage. Any ways enuff about the mini rant and on to show the few who had interest previously my newest acquisition that came to me, now I did not have to chase this one only to let the deal go through after many change of hearts from the previous owner. Those who have read my previous posts may remember but for those who have not a not so short story to explain. I am recently new to riding have rode my virago and now my venture, I like my venture but do not love it in the sense of being passionate about it and finding my "ZEN" state with it. This has led me to the search of another bike that could fit that need. I picked up my Low Glide FXRS and love it but then my wife wanted to join the ride on the back and there is just no room for her so I looked again and built my venture. Now she likes it and enjoys the comfort but I am not happy with it in it does not comfort the soul for me so early this season I was at Harley looking for a part for my Low Glide when I met a man with a shovel decker. The man is in his 60's and wanted to sell me his only after having it a couple of months due to feeling it is too big for him and it not matching the memories of days gone by of the one he had when he was young. He seemed to be a good guy so I brought him home to show him my clean fxrs as he mentioned he loved them. When he came to my place he fell in love with my 53 bel air as I suppose it took him back again to a time of his youth. Flash forward, him a couple of times wanting to trade the shovel for the 53 and backing out on the date he set gave me a fever to find a large Harley for me to ride and being short on funds I came across a basket case and started the resurrection of my electra glide. Over the weeks this man has come and gone from my place and we ride quite regular but now with him on a 06 sportster xl1200r. He has watched me return to service what most might of scrapped or parted out with positive results. The bike I am speaking of was posted a few weeks back for Puc and others to see as I know some will appreciate it but not all on this forum. Anyways my 88 electra glide is up and on the road when I get another visit by the same aforementioned man who again wants to barter. This time I tell him I do not want to deal unless he follows through and he apologizes which I tell him is not needed but enough is enough as I did not make the deals or attempts but rather am tired of getting ready to follow through and then wasting my time when it does not happen. So guess what? Last weekend we went for a ride and picked up the shovel in which he turned down good money for in front of me and handed me the ownership. He had not been riding it and left the plates and insurance on it and said hated seeing it sit. So all last week I have been adjusting and putting the chrome back on he had removed and boxed up. With the bike I received all new manuals, brakes, lines, and receipts over $2500 in the last four months before I knew the man. WOW, not what I expected. On title search it has few owners and one owner of 17 years, another wow. Anyways I now own a shovel and after riding a month I have to say that with this machine I have found the "love" I have been missing. I figure over the 600 miles I put on it I should be able to tell if it was for me or not and I feel it is. I do not want to be the new harley crowd type but rather a rider of a vintage machine that is not afraid of getting dirt under his nails and having a bike that does not quite look the same as the others amongst the crowd and a shovel does that in my opinion. So again It NEVER fails, I went out to get a new deal and the original that instigated my search and rebuild had once again come my way once I titled and plated it's replacement. Dang it but I can't say it is all bad having 3 Harleys now I need to find a way to insure them at a discount so I can ride them one by one depending on mood.

My new to me shovel:

WP_20150719_005.jpg

My 3 Harleys in a line up (excuse my Low Glide as her saddle bags are in the garage):

WP_20150719_003.jpg

Edited by Brenner
Better pic