IGNORED

Big Rear

Moped

A lot of tire talk lately but have not heard anything about rear tires. I was wondering if anyone has put a 170/80/15 or 180/70/15 on. I'm interested but the clearance is so close to driveshaft on stock size I wonder how they will fit? I have read a number of people have installed the 170's and more interesting Metzler shows the stage 1 upgrade for the RSV to the 180's. My main interest to change is to get whitewalls other then Dunlop 404's. They claim better mileage, smoother ride and handling.

ruffrider, you would think it could happen with stock size as I only have about 1/4 to 5/16 inch between tire and driveshaft. Just curious if it was Metzler tire because they told me that they tested the 180 on a RSV before they approved it for the stage one mod. Don't look like they did a thorough test.

I agree, that clearance IS pretty slim with the stock 150 tire. If your riding style is very moderate, you may get away with it. But I saw the rub myself. It wasnt pretty. And I do believe it was a Metz. But im sticking with Avons now.

A lot of tire talk lately but have not heard anything about rear tires. I was wondering if anyone has put a 170/80/15 or 180/70/15 on. I'm interested but the clearance is so close to driveshaft on stock size I wonder how they will fit? I have read a number of people have installed the 170's and more interesting Metzler shows the stage 1 upgrade for the RSV to the 180's. My main interest to change is to get whitewalls other then Dunlop 404's. They claim better mileage, smoother ride and handling.

Avon Venoms come in white walls.